Human Flue and my IRN´s

Moderator: Mods

Omnicromm

Human Flue and my IRN´s

Post by Omnicromm »

hi people how are all of you well the thing is i got a flue or a cold and i have to take care of my little guys i am using so lysol at their room keep it close and i am opening their room to change water and food and from time to time because the scream a lot if the room is close, but i am afraid there is any posiblity for them to get my cold or flue? i asked a frind of mine that is a vet (not an avian one since there is no avian vets in my contry) and he said its almost imposible because the virues of human and bird flue are totally different, but someone here have some experience with that? i am afraid to get them sick....
bec

Re: Human Flue and my IRN´s

Post by bec »

hmmm dont know
im quite interested to see any ones answer to this post though
hope you feel better soon
Melika

Post by Melika »

Reverse zoonosis? It isn't as common but I'll do some reading but I know it isn't impossible...

(read-read-read-read-google-read-read)

Okay so most of what I'm finding about diseases from humans to animals is in primates and pigs. It is more common to get a disease from an animal then to give one to an animal, especially parrots. Unless you have something like tuberculosis.

I'm cautious anyway when I am sick. I wash my hands before handling my bird, never share food with him (avoid spit transfer from me to him), and don't sneeze/cough on him.

I'd be more worried about what lysol does to my bird's respiratory system if they were in an area where it is sprayed.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Omnicromm

Post by Omnicromm »

Melika wrote:Reverse zoonosis? It isn't as common but I'll do some reading but I know it isn't impossible...

(read-read-read-read-google-read-read)

Okay so most of what I'm finding about diseases from humans to animals is in primates and pigs. It is more common to get a disease from an animal then to give one to an animal, especially parrots. Unless you have something like tuberculosis.

I'm cautious anyway when I am sick. I wash my hands before handling my bird, never share food with him (avoid spit transfer from me to him), and don't sneeze/cough on him.

I'd be more worried about what lysol does to my bird's respiratory system if they were in an area where it is sprayed.
Really do you think?? i was thinking that Lysol could be a good idea... hmmm now i am confussed i am not using it over them just in the room after i went out, well now i am almost health again, i searched at google too and read and re read well i am almost convinced that is pretty imposible to transmite the flue to them unless its a new mutation like the avian flue to humans or the A h1n1but i could not be sure about it.... anyway thanks for the answer!!!! i will do a lot of reserch about lysol and pets for the next time!! to know if it could be dangerus to my guys!!!!

Alex from Guatemala
Omnicromm

Post by Omnicromm »

Hi after some reserch i determined that my great idea was not that great, is not safe to use Lysol around the birds in fact i wrotte to them and they answer me saying that no pet has to be allowed to have contact with the surface with Lysol and the birds must be romoved from the room where the Lysol is going to be used before spray it, so if someone thinks in using it to avoid bacterias or flue well this is not a good idea!!! i wont use it again near my Guys!!!

Alex