talking

Moderator: Mods

debleneal

talking

Post by debleneal »

My IRN Jay (blue male) is 3 years old. He makes and coppies many noises but he isn't talking. He is well manered, supper condition and very happy. What can I do? Who needs to be educated, me or him?
Debbie L. Rodgers
Angelface

Post by Angelface »

my IRN's are both now 13 years old and one mumbles hi, but they dont speak! they whistle and immitate bird calls but that's about it! and I've spent a lot of time and so did the previous owner as I found out trying to get them to talk! they just dont or won't! just keep trying!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

My comment... It is better to have a sweet, happy bird than one that is not well-behaved and has a 250 word vocabulary. Be thankful for what you have. When it comes to talking... no guarantee,. we knew this when we got an IRN.
Angelface

Post by Angelface »

download some music for them!! if you like the Beatles play Blackbird and other beatle tunes for them! My birds LOVE the Beatles!! it's something about the band, I know a macaw who adores the beatles! he'll be in a store and on the overhead if a beatles song is playing he'll start dancing!
and I also got some whistling tunes for the birds, the andy griffith theme song, I played it for an hour straight then turned it off...and after for about 20 minutes they were quietly whistling trying to figure it out! maybe with this they'll start talking?? haha who knows ! :)
maybe with the songs they'll start singing too ;)