Bathing

Moderator: Mods

asayre

Bathing

Post by asayre »

Can anyone tell me the best way to give agressive IRN's a bath.
indianskye

Post by indianskye »

I take Kazoo into the shower or to one of the sinks. When I take her into the shower, I let her walk up and down my arm, in and out of the water. If I bathe her in the sink, I use the lil hose thingy and spray her with warm water.
Have a great day!

Deb
and the Zoo

Kazoo (Lutino Ringneck), Blue (Blue and Gold Macaw), Sky and Remington (father and son Shar Peis), Sasha and Desi (Prarie Pups), Merlin (Sugar Glider) and LJ, Corey and Cat (the Fish).
asayre

Post by asayre »

How to shower them is not the issue. I can't even pick them up. They are mating and are really mean. So how can I clean them when I can't even pick them up?
indianskye

Post by indianskye »

Sorry, somehow I missed the aggressive part. :oops:

I just bought a heavy ceramic dog food dish (the largest one they make) and plan to use this as another source of bathing for my birds. I thought about either placing it at the bottom of their cage, or letting them use it on the counter. You could try using one in their cage, maybe. Just a thought.
Have a great day!

Deb
and the Zoo

Kazoo (Lutino Ringneck), Blue (Blue and Gold Macaw), Sky and Remington (father and son Shar Peis), Sasha and Desi (Prarie Pups), Merlin (Sugar Glider) and LJ, Corey and Cat (the Fish).
gem

Post by gem »

Just put a large heavy dish of some king in the bottom of thier cage. Put fresh water in it often. They will bath themselves.
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Another way is to use a clean plastic spray bottle filled with tepid water

Good Luck
LAAnnie

Bathing

Post by LAAnnie »

Every day I put water in a heavy dish, on top of Pretty Girl's cage. She has a great time splashing around -- she loves to splash water on me! I notice that these birds are very clean, they like to wash and preen every feather, as well as their beaks and feet. She sticks her head right into the water.

Post by Guest »

afaserf