questions

Moderator: Mods

Jodie8408

questions

Post by Jodie8408 »

Hi,
Is your bird around six months even though you bought her/got her on 2/14? It might be trying to start the bluffing/rebellion stage when it lunges and tries to nip at you. This is just a phase, they will get through it and still be a good bird. Just pretend it is not effecting you. The bird being at the bottom of the cage could be lots of things. There is a variety of things to do down there. There is food, treats a possible new toy (tearing up paper towels, scratching up corn cob or whatever you use for the lining) or just exploring. I would not worry much about that. I am wondering about the perch to retrive your bird. I would suggest you find a nice thick glove and twittle your fingers on the bottom of it's cage and say step up so it can get used to step up and coming to step up on demand. The glove is for if it does bite you, it will not hurt. The bird will soon see that biting you (with the glove on) does not hurt and will stop biting and do what you want it to do. You will have to reenforce and reenforce what you want your bird to do. If your bird is trying to go through the rebellion stage then you will have to work harder. It will take time, but the end result is so worth the effort! Best of luck and I hope this helps!