will 2 IRN learn to talk?

Moderator: Mods

fitzgerald

will 2 IRN learn to talk?

Post by fitzgerald »

I heard that having 2 IRN would be harder to teach them to talk because they tend to "talk" to eachother rather than pick up human language. Is this true? is it better to just have 1 if you want them to talk to you??
baby_bella

Post by baby_bella »

in my experince it depends how many training sessions you have with each parrot... try just 10mins a day with each one and have no distractions around and lots of treats! if one learns to talk, the other will pick it up very fast. this wrks with the more larger parrots so i hope it helps with your babies... :D
beauty is fleeting, but wisdom never fades it grows stronger each day
Jade

Post by Jade »

I have never 'taught' my birds to talk. Chooky says a few things - mostly his own name because I say it all the time. My aviary birds all make the same noises, whistles and sentences that Chook makes because during the day he talks to them and they learn from him. I have two other IRNs, Yellowy and Greeny and they make wild bird calls and copy all the noises from other birds.

If they want to learn, they will
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Im not all about the mimicing myself. If my girls pick anything up thats great and would be cute.

But if I drill it into their head, they have no clue what they are saying so are they really communicating through words. No. Nothing more than a baby babbling MA MA. Kid dont REALLY know what Ma Ma means but he knows it gets attention/reaction so it continues with the word until he or she associates Ma Ma with that cute girl with the nice rack that comes along about every 2 hours. :D

Waaaaa Ma Ma = nice rack and full tummy. That is all they know.
~ Mikaela Sky

Jade

Post by Jade »

I agree with Mikaela. I don't like birds 'parroting' things we teach them. If they pick it up then good for them.