Mad

Moderator: Mods

DarinA

Mad

Post by DarinA »

I think that I am experiencing the first time my Jade is mad at me. I have had him about a month now and having seen him act like this before. I usually clean his cage a few times a week, but I kind of do it parts at a time, bottom every time, bowls every day, like that. Today is the first time that I have done the entire cage and everything in all at once. He seemed interested helping me, but now he just sits in the back of his cage and acts like he is pouting. He will step up fine and all, but he goes back in his cage when he gets the chance and ignores me. His cage is beside my recliner, and when I talk to him he turns the other way. Guess maybe he isnt a male, do something you think will make them happy, but they get upset instead. :lol:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Baby did the EXACT same thing. You need to try really hard to remember exactly how everything was, even the perch placements and she will be a happy girl again.

Baby freaked. Sit there and didnt move. Hated it, I changed it all back and she began playing happily again.
~ Mikaela Sky

Melika

Post by Melika »

I make sure to change by bird's cages around every two weeks or so, and once a month I do the major cleaning of their cages. Just to keep them used to new things.

It may just take some time and good food in the belly to help Jade settle in. But some birds are picky. ^_^
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I should have done that more often, or my birds just like things the way they were because I have to remember exact placement of everything when I do a tear down clean or they pout until I get everything exactly right.

Baby adjusts, Peek-a-Boo wont, she will act up until I get it all back right, even go so far as to sleep clinging to the bars to show her discontentment.

I sure wish there was bird therepy, she needs it so. :cry:
~ Mikaela Sky

DarinA

Post by DarinA »

Does sleeping clinging to the bars mean discontentment. Jade sleeps like that almost every night. I look in on him before I go to work and he is in the same top corner clinging on asleep. I thought that was just his way, he has been like that since I got him.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Not for every bird, but it does with all of my birds. If Chief is having an off day, he doesnt cling to the bars but sleeps in his food bowl.

Peek-a-Boo is the worse for doing this, she also needs shock therapy, which I am looking into.

You could throw Baby in a chicken coop with a plastic cup to chew on and she'd be happy as long as she had a window near by.

If he sleeps like that and always has, dont pay it any mind. I hear my 'tiel will start sleeping hanging like a bat when he gets to be a big boy :shock:
~ Mikaela Sky

Melika

Post by Melika »

Kill Kill, my tiel, will sleep on his perch. But my budgies get twisted in the most interesting ways.

Hane (IRN) also sleeps on a perch. He doesn't like swinging around much. xDD
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Jade

Post by Jade »

Chooks most favourite place of all to sleep is clinging to the back of the curtain. He scares the crap out of me when I don't realise he's there and push the curtain back to open the sliding door. He pops his head out and bites me and the climbs on my shoulder and continues to attack my ear :roll:

I know how a boxer feels. I think I too am developing cauliflower ears :lol:
ScarletKnight

its okey

Post by ScarletKnight »

its okey!!! these birds are very individuals. sounds to me liek ure bird is more like baby. please place every thing back the way it was. if you can't get it exactly right it is still okey. as for introucing new toys etc. hang them outside the cage and ure bird will attack it and soon realize it not going to hurt it then ure more then welcome to add in the cage but please keep cage cutter free. irn shoudl be able ot move around!
ciao
scarlet
***Disclaimer*** the statement above is opinion expressed soley for the purpose of providing educational and guidance to its reader. It does not by any implied meaning offend disrespect anymore. Your understanding is appreciated***