Looking for pic of pallid-cinamon and ino-cinamon

Moderator: Mods

Recio

Looking for pic of pallid-cinamon and ino-cinamon

Post by Recio »

Hi everybody;

Do you know where can I find a pic of a pallid-cin IRN and a ino-cin combo IRN (males and females if possible).
Pallid-ino-cin male picture would be marvellous.

Cheers

Recio
Fah

Re: Looking for pic of pallid-cinamon and ino-cinamon

Post by Fah »

Heya Recio,

If memory serves me well, Coastal-Birds was found to have a possible Cinnamon-Pallid crossover, but the photo's were taken down a fair while ago.

It might pay well to PM them and get in touch.

http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/mem ... ile&u=4457

I used to have the image but can't find it :( So I cant be any faster help sorry.
Coastal-Birds

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Hi Recio
The forum i had with photos of my pallid cinnamon is still running but the photos i have lost due to a new photo bucket account.

I will load images of the male grey green pallid cinnamon and a image of there young last year.
The baby was white and brown.
The father in photo looks like a pallid(lacewing) but has alot of brown in wings and underneath wings.Some days he is almost fully brown.
I have tried so many times to get a great photo of this but pics never show what the bird actually looks like in real life.
But you can see the brown in him so i hope this helps.
Previous to joining this forum Jay had seen photos and clarified what my cock bird was.

Fah

Post by Fah »

Did you manage to get any pics of it fully feathered at all Costal? Good looking little fella.
Coastal-Birds

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Hmm i did have some photos of her but not sure if or where they would be now.
I have another sister to them still and she is looking more like a grey pallid but she also turns brown some days.
This year all i got from parents where 2 eggs and 2 young which are a grey green cock and a greygreen pallid cinnamon.
I will take some photos later of the 2yr old hen from these birds and the 2 babies which are almost fully feathered now.
I find it so hard to get a photo which actually shows the true colouring of any bird.
Fah

Post by Fah »

I can imagine, taking realistic life like pics of many IRN colours is nearly impossible on the best of days, and unless your a bit of a photographer at heart (to which I am certainly not), it is one heck of a task for the harder to capture colours like these.
Coastal-Birds

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Ok here are photos of my young from the pallid cinnamon crossover.
As normal i cant get there true colours to show but in the pallid cinnamon greygreen hen her flights are more brown and noth the normal pallid patterns.
My other grey pallid cinnamon hen i have tried to get pics of her but she is flighty and just cant get one of her today.
I will try tomorrow.
First is a greygreen/pallid cin and then the greygreen pallid cinnamon hen.

Recio

Post by Recio »

Thank you Fah and Todd for your help.

I was thinking about pigments interaction, so birds showing a structure dependent colour (as grey) add more complexity for the analysis.

The almost completely feathered chick displaying a white colour in her body and brown in flying feathers of tail and wings (the pallid-cin combo) ... Do you know her adult colouring? Is it always the same?

Greetings

Recio
Coastal-Birds

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Hi Recio
That young baby i sold before i new what it was.
From that photo i was told blue lacewing,grey and even a green.
Which you can see is not the case.
I have one from 2 yrs ago which ive tried to get a photo of today for Fah but she is a flighty bird and have not gotten a good shot yet.
She was brown and white ike in photo but now she is grey and almost passes for a pallid but as her father she changes to alot of brown from day to day.
When i get a good pic i will post it.
Coastal-Birds

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Hi FAH and Recio
I took these pics today of my young greygreen cinnamon pallid and the wing of my 2yr old grey cinnamon pallid.
The grey i have its wing open to show the dark brown feathers and the non lacewing effect.
The young greygreen seems to be more like a true lacewing but genetics say it has to be a greygreen cinnamon pallid.