WE HAVE 5 BABIES

Moderator: Mods

wonderwomen78

WE HAVE 5 BABIES

Post by wonderwomen78 »

we have finally got our first lot of babies now just wondering how long will they need to stay in the box how long till they get feathers and can you tell from the colours around there eyes as to what colour they might be
lewi111

Post by lewi111 »

Congratulations :!: :!: Sorry I cant answer your questions.Im expecting my first ever lot of chics next month.My Lutino hen is sitting on 6 eggs.
Coastal-Birds

Colours

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Hi
Young will stay in the nest for about 6-7 weeks before they will venture out.
But if you wish to hand raise any i would leave them in there for 2-3 weeks for the mother to do the hard work.
They will start to get pin feathers about 3 weeks of age and should have most of them in 4-5 weeks then you can tell there colours.
Or if you know what the parents are then i can tell you what is possible.
The only birds you can tell by eyes are buttercups(clearheaed fallows)these will have pure red eyes,all others you can not tell from the eyes.
Cheers
Fah

Post by Fah »

If your working with eye's you can actually tell ino, pallid and cinnamon from normal young eyes even before they open as well, though not the individual colours of the mutations I mentioned.

They are quite pale, and dont get the dark eye that the base mutations have.
Razsringnecks

Post by Razsringnecks »

Coastal-Birds....u pretty much answered all...great job...
wonderwoman78...best of luck....with your babies :P
alyze faith

Post by alyze faith »

I am looking for a pair of Indian Ringneck (mated) not related white and a yellow pair as well not related. Perhaps babies, so I can have as pets, to tame. I just lost my sapphire and I am heart broken.I can`t sleep at nights, I miss her so much.Please if any one is selling Indian Ringneck,let me know, Please help me, and no tricks please, it hurts enough not having her here with me.
I would like to know the price of a pair of white Indian Ringneck. I just lost sapphire today, a female .I can`t sleep, it hurts to much. she was sweet, no problems at all with her. she was the best.I would like a mated pair. everyone should have a mate.