finished zazus bird stand.

Moderator: Mods

IMR4N

finished zazus bird stand.

Post by IMR4N »

I finally finished my master piece. The java tree stand replica. Thanks to Mikaela who was kind-enough to talk me through how she made her stand. Zazu loves it and he loves climbing up ad down the stairs too. Take a look see at the finished product.

mikaela you thought you used a big piece of ply wood???

look he has his own twisted stairway. he loves to scamper up and down them.

I took picture at each stage if anyone is interested I could post them (sort of like a step by step guide if you will).
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

You did a GRET JOB! I am adding the spiral staircase TODAY! Fooey, wish I'd thought of that :cry:
~ Mikaela Sky

IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

Well I plant seeds and I can’t explain it but they just grow. LOL :lol: glad I could help. I’m going to add some platforms to it sort of integrate a condo into it. When I get a spear few hours.
selma

Post by selma »

that is soooooooo amazing. how long did it take you to make? Where did you get the tree stand? I just love it. I feel so sorry for my little baby stuck with just a cage. :oops:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I can't figure out exactly how I want my stairs but I know I want them spiraled. What size screw bit did you use?

Here is a pic of my stand, what size you think I should use?

I wash my stand off everyday rather than using the newspaper, otherwise my girls shred it constantly. You have casters on yours? I do so I can roll it where ever I want it. It isn't really heavy though. I just roll it on the back patio and give it a good spraying.

The spiral stair case rocks, gotta have it! Wish I would have thought of that :cry: My steps need to be smaller as my piece of wood is thinner... smaller.
~ Mikaela Sky

IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

I got the wood from a park it was free and I’m sure they didn’t mind. The bark was already pealing of and the wood was dry (You want it dry it’s less heavy to carry and doesn’t shrink further). I’ve got a fancy tray at the bottom don’t think you can see it in the picture. It took me about 1 hour to build 2 hours at most.

I used a 22 inch drill peace this was the same size as the rods that I used (normal broom handles). The measurements between each step are about 6 inches up and 3 inches across all the way (best to mark them all out in advance). As shown below.

I used the same size drill piece so that I didn’t have to use screws to many screws weaken the structure in total I use glue and a hammer it’s a lot more solid.
Melika

Post by Melika »

Great job. And good use of your drilling bits. I love power tools, lol. And nothing is more valuable than a power drill. Maybe a caulk gun, lol, or maybe a table saw? Hm. But my bandsaw- no my hammer! (wait, that's not a power tool). Yeah, my drill probably is my most valuable tool. :lol:

Coolest tool though- pneumatic nailers (nail gun). They even have these cordless ones powered by gas. Pretty nifty. ^_^
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Love power tools?

Thats IT! We were seperated at birth and our parents need to be honest! We have a right to know! :?

Joke is on them when they find out we live within 15 miles of eachother... The JIG IS UP!
~ Mikaela Sky

IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

LOL. Take it easy with the jokes Mikaela I’m getting a stitch.

Yes I’ve always been good with my tools :lol:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I funny lady :mrgreen:
~ Mikaela Sky

Melika

Post by Melika »

Mikaela wrote:Love power tools?

Thats IT! We were seperated at birth and our parents need to be honest! We have a right to know! :?

Joke is on them when they find out we live within 15 miles of eachother... The JIG IS UP!

Well, I've grown up fixing this house, lol. 16 years ago it was pretty bad. I remember my first time with a belt sander. I was so little, I turned it on and it dragged me a few feet before I could let go of the trigger, lol. It suprised me! But I loved it. ^___^ We're big do-it-yourselfers, always have been. But you gotta when you don't have a lot of cash, right? We don't panic, we just sorta do stuff. Family habit.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

We are both men trapped in sexy little bodies!

*calls Dr. Phil*
~ Mikaela Sky

Melika

Post by Melika »

Mikaela wrote:We are both men trapped in sexy little bodies!

*calls Dr. Phil*

:shock:

I sure hope not. Besides, the kind of man I like likes gals who likes tools, cars, and animals. 8)
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Wow! Zazu is one lucky ringneck! Thanks for sharing! :wink:

Best Wishes,

Imran Chaudhry
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

MM yess cordless drill and a 300 peice drill bit set !! I'm ready to have a go at making stands too, I will let you all know how I go in a few days.

Edit: Oh I also have $100 worth of wood and a lathe and a scroll saw, and a hammer >.<

Edit2: erm no nails.. just a hammer.. >.<
Melika

Post by Melika »

No one needs nails with all those bits. I like my biscuit-cutter and using pegs and such. Nails fall apart, rust, and can hurt if exposed. I like screws though, they're more binding.