HELP!!!

Moderator: Mods

yvonne

HELP!!!

Post by yvonne »

Hi my name is Yvonne and I have a yellow 5 year old female IRN. Today, she seemed very quiet and has been in her bed all day and appeared to be 'sleeping' - which is totally out of character for her. She is usually quite active and social. I presumed she may have just been tired and worn herself out yesterday, so I just left her. After some time, I decided to take her out and have a look, and have noticed her left eye is all puffy, swollen and weepy. She can open it a little bit but not much.

What should I do?? I'm trying to keep a level head and not panic ... should I wipe it with a cotton bud? leave it? call the vet? I'm kinda losing the plot a bit here!! :roll:
julie

Post by julie »

I would take her to a vet. Good luck I hope she will be ok.
Mjay

Post by Mjay »

I'd say go straight to the vet, i hope she is alright, keep us updated :!:
MJAY
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I agree, off to the vet if possible.

Animals are great at hiding illnesses so as your girl is clearly displaying that she is sick, then the could be more to it than just an eye infection/scratch etc. If she had a weepy eye and displayed no other problems, I would have though maybe she could have scratched herself or something, but when she is out of character like that, I would be concerned.
It is better to be safe than sorry. :)

Good luck, hope she will be ok.

Let us know what happens. :)
yvonne

Post by yvonne »

Unfortunately, Miss Bobbi didn't make it through the night =(

I couldn't afford to take her to the vet until today (pay day) and they wouldn't look at her without the money first.

We had a little funeral for her this morning. I even made a little cross and put it on her grave.

I already miss her like crazy. Just miss having her squawk in the mornings to wake up and have breakie, I miss having her boss me around in the kitchen ...

sorry I can't write much, I cant stop crying!
julie

Post by julie »

Sorry for your loss :cry: do you have any idea what it could have been? Was around the eye discolored or anything like that?
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Sorry that that your girl didn't make it. :(
Mjay

Post by Mjay »

Very sorry about you losing her :cry:
MJAY