wont come out

Moderator: Mods

Dolphinheart

wont come out

Post by Dolphinheart »

Hello all
i am trying not to be alarmed but Siren has decided not to come out of her cage at all at the moment - hse will come to the door and take food , she does not seem to take any nitice wheni speak to her unless i get real close then she jsut shows signs of wariness in stead.

i have been sitting iwth her cage near to me and reading out loud form books and talking to her and my cockatiel Specks (who is a lot more responsive to being pout of his cage and sitting on my shoulder.

she took to this when i tried to get her out of jsut going straight for my shoulder and trying to get her to sit on my hand - sigh!

i dont want to force her out of her "room" - i leave the door open and give her time to come out but if she is not out within 30 minutes i close the door and put her to bed - am i doing soem thing wrong???
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Probably all due to breeding season. They all act cuckie during this time, my boys have really strange up and down moods, playful and randy one day, moody and a little aggressive the next. Just keep trying and keep communicating with her. :wink:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Dolphinheart

Post by Dolphinheart »

ahh of course nature did not occur to me...... how young do they start with the behaviours deaing with breeding though???