harness or not ??

Moderator: Mods

jamie_loves_IRN'S

harness or not ??

Post by jamie_loves_IRN'S »

i was thinking about getting a bird harness for my irn because i want to take her outside and for a wilk to the park with me but she will fly away . so i just want some of your oppinions if i should get one or not ??

thanks jamie
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

I just got an aviator harness for Sky. DON'T waste your money on the feather teather. The clips are a real pain to work with and it drives your bird insane. I know the aviator is more expensive, but it's worth it. It comes with a dvd that shows you how to put it on, how to get your bird used to it, and talks about recall training a little.

I'm sure you know this, but IRNs are avid chewers. Don't make my mistake and leave it hanging in his cage for hours. You don't want your bird chewing on it like a toy, but just getting used to it. Let him beak it a bit, but not too much. I forgot to take it out and Sky decided to chew on it. It was in there for several hours. Now it's all frayed, but in one piece, and still seems strong which is a testament to this thing's design. The only "clip" is this slider thing. It's really an ingenious little gadget.

I've also heard of this thing called a Kalor collar. I don't know anything about that, I'm sure someone else will bring that one up.

Another nice thing about the aviator is that you can teach your bird recall. It can't fly away from you, it's connected to you with a leash you know. They can only fly around for so long before getting tired. Your bird will eventually come back to you cuz he's tired.

I could go on and on.

I recommend the aviator.