i was wondering

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

stephenn XD

i was wondering

Post by stephenn XD »

do any of you give your bird showers or baths? i use showers in the bathroom, in the stall. is aw this spray at petsmart, called KAYTEE EZ BATH TIME. its some natural enzyme or something to encourage preening after showering. is it safe to use? or not? the lady worker advised it. but i dont like putting any chemicals on my birdie except water.
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

I personally find they don't need any extra encouragement... Datsun preens for a good hour after getting wet and I don't use anything but warm water.

If your baby does not preen much maybe you need more regular spray baths, they are far to vain to stand there dripping wet and not do anything about it :lol:
-Chamon-

Occy

Post by Occy »

BB has his own bath and loves to dive in there on a warm day then shake like mad and preen himself
Donna

Post by Donna »

After bathing, most parrots like to let the water sink in to the feathers and skin as much as possible before they start preening themselves. It's not the intensity or light bathing that causes them to do this. It's nature.
After getting a thorough bath and the parrot is then put into its usual area, it won't preen itself until a certain amount of time has passed. That amount of time differs with different parrots. The parrots that wait a long time before preening are usually parrots that produce heavy amounts of dander and are prone to having dry skin. Nature dictates this whole process. Other types will start the preening process quicker. Buying over the counter remidies are a waste of your money.

Donna :D