Not feeling well

Moderator: Mods

Saadia

Not feeling well

Post by Saadia »

My Irn is not feeling well and is in a terrible condition, she's vomitted last night and is so weak. is there any special diet that i can give to her? she's a 5 months old baby. Vets are found very rare in our area, can i get any advice by an online vet.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I hope someone is along to help you soon. I can only advise immediate medical treatment but understand that is a problem.
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

If you want your bird to live you will have to seek medical treatment ASAP...there is no cure we can do...

Dani
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

So sorry about your poor little bird,

One thing that helps is to keep the warm, possibly in a box with a towel to line it to keep drafts off her.

Hope she gets better.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
angie

Post by angie »

Hi Saadia,

Can you think of anything your fid may have injested that it shouldn't have ? .. even say chewing at things with bits of wire in them that may be upsetting its crop, or other birds or animals food that could be causing some bacterial infection ?

Here is a link to an online vet, I know it costs to ask questions but maybe a one month only subscription to get help with your baby would be good if you have nothing else around.

http://www.ask-the-vet.com/

Also the link below has some stories, all be them sad and a little frightening for us bird owners to think about, but I think we need to learn from misshaps of others and keep our whits about us.

http://www.quakercorner.com/harmsway.html

I truly hope and pray your baby is ok. Keep in touch
angie

Plus Mickey and Mallory (now placed in a new home as a breeder) the wild females, Mickey is now paired with Kai and they are about to be parronts.