New IRN Mom

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Missi

New IRN Mom

Post by Missi »

Hi, my name is Missi and I'm a new IRN mom. :D I got him/her from my boss. We work out of his house and when he got his baby IRN he almost immediately bonded with me. Needless to say he was very upset when I went home every day, so know I'm taking him home with me. His/Her name is Val and is almost one year old. His favorite thing to do is throw all of his toys out of his toy box and watch me pick them all up... but that's another story:) He has me very well trained.

I also have a Greenwing Macaw named Dante and 2 cockatiels named Harry and Bess. All are very spoiled.

Hi to all and it's great to be part of this forum.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Awesome and welcome! Please feel free to post pics of all your fids! *hint hint* :wink:

Dani and Prinny
birdman5000

Post by birdman5000 »

cool u got any pics of yer greenwing. macaws are my favorite and im sure everyone else is sick of me posting that on an irn site but what can i say macaws are the coolest 8)
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

hello and welcome :)
~the stubborn one~
berrynice
Member on Probation

Post by berrynice »

welcome. Birdman u can say that a few of us might even agree with you (like me mumble mumble) but we'll just ignore your comments re the macaws hehe. When I can get a macaw here in Oz for less then $5000 AUD I'll stop sulking. Again, welcome to the international community of IRN lovers.
silvercloud

Post by silvercloud »

Hi and welcome. Can't wait to see pics.
birdman5000

Post by birdman5000 »

[quote="berrynice"]welcome. Birdman u can say that a few of us might even agree with you (like me mumble mumble) but we'll just ignore your comments re the macaws hehe. When I can get a macaw here in Oz for less then $5000 AUD I'll stop sulking. Again, welcome to the international community of IRN lovers.[/quote]

5000 :shock:
and i thaught they were expensive here. id be depressed living there ill bet a hyacinth wud cost 4-5 times that much too.
around here most macaws cost 900-1800 except for a hyacinth they run 7500-11000.
my heart goes out to u but hang in there and try playing the lotery thats my master plan :)
julie

Post by julie »

welcome missi.

birdman macaws are that rare and expensive in australia that there is a great risk of them being stolen from your house.i really dont get why someone would purchase a bird cheap that they know is stolen.
birdman5000

Post by birdman5000 »

that is "f'd" up i had a turtle that was my birthday present stolen when i was a kid and a friend saw the kid who stole it and got it back for me but the thief got it sick and the vet couldnt save it :(

steeling pets pisses me off
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

I know! I can't believe someone would go and steal someone's pet! I would be so upset if someone tried to take my Prinny. I wouldn't let her go without a fight. Grrr... :x

Dani and Prinny
birdman5000

Post by birdman5000 »

id kill the person who would try to take bubba and im not even kidding :evil: