Datsuns beak and random pics

Moderator: Mods

Datsun and Family

Datsuns beak and random pics

Post by Datsun and Family »

Hey guys I know I have been slack lately but here are some pics of my babies and only one of Datsun.... Im hoping to take her out tomorrow for a photo shoot so should get some more then.

I am getting a little concerned about her beak, it has a yelowy tinge on the tip which has shown up recently. She gets LOADS of veges and has a combo of harrisons and seed throughout the day too so I know her diet is probably not lacking but this is likely to be a nutrient deficiency, any ideas on what causes it and what I can do?

Heres a pic that kind of shows it

And some of Audi for Jen, yes he is a brat! He is personality PLUS and too cute for words he can get away with murder because of it :wink:
Audi in his nest

Chev

Bun, my Easter Bunny
...yes she is licking her lips...

And then this is just a random pic I took a few weeks ago at a beach called Wenderholm, it is a great big picture frame with beautiful carvings on the beach and the view was amazing! I had to share!

This one is specifically for Angie, this is 'Dory' my friends beautiful rat, we looked after her for a while over Christmas, she is amazing! So clean (litter box trained) and snuggly! I love her, she is my rent-a-rat whenever I get upset that James wont let me have any I play with her and feel bettter. I know she should have a friend but she just absolutely hates other rats so she gets LOTS of human company instead.
Appologies to those who dont like rats, believe it or not they are very similar to parrots in many ways 8)
-Chamon-

julie

Post by julie »

nice pics.rats only bother me when they are feral.and running up your leg.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Ok, rats are where I draw the line. :shock:
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

omg wonderful pics and I adore the rat .. what a beautiful girl. The girls are more active than the boys. The boys love!!!!!! to snuggle, they would snuggle all day long if you let them. And each has a different personality. Just adore ! them.. Thanks Chamon.

I will have to get some good pics of ours to show you :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

1724 posts?

I need to get a life. :oops:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Ooo I just love Audi Chamon...he's so cute. Looks like he does get away with murder.

Eeek I too need to get a life too Kaela. :roll:

Dani and Prinny
berrynice
Member on Probation

Post by berrynice »

your friends rat looks a lot like our Josh. I agree they r similar 2 parrots, but Josh has never bitten me!! Sorry Mikaela, but I've gone from being rodent phobic to loving them. I'll put up sum pics of Josh some time
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

They are cute... just such a stigma of being 'nasty'
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

They're not nasty at all...I owned like 7 of them before. They are such great animals...cute and mine never bit me at all.

Dani and Prinny
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Chamon,
Thanks for the pics of Audi. I'm falling for that little lovie! He's so cute. And of course we all know I love Dats too! I had a rat when I was younger. She was awesome.

Forgot to mention that I LOVE that first picture of Chevi! It is so cute. Looks like he's saying, "here I am..."

And Bun is darling! Love the one where she/he is licking lips.
Thanks for the pics!

Hugs,
Jen
carrie

Post by carrie »

Chamon

Just on the beak thing - I notice that atticus' beak looks a little yellow on the tip also. Now I never thought anything of it until this whole beak & feather thing - then I assumed that it looked like that because of the disease. Obviously I am mistaken because datsun certainly doesn't have anything wrong with her. I too would like to know if it's normal - maybe it's to do with age seeing as they're both about the same age???
Datsun and Family

Carrie, how is Atticus? I am going to post more pics tomorrow (have to charge the batteries) that show her beak better. I am sending away a couple of feathers to DNA and they do PBFD too at the same time so will know about that in about a week.

I know its dumb to have waited 17 months and then get her DNAd now but I just cant wait any longer and her behaviour is so not text book gender specific. The lil bugger knows I am dying to know what she is so shes sending out mixed signals..... driving me CRAZY :?
-Chamon-

natalie

gr8 pics

Post by natalie »

Thanks so much for shareing those, all of ur babies are so sweet. Cute easter bunny too. nataliexxxx
To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart.xx
Datsun and Family

OK so here are some better pics of Datsuns beak. The yellowing has come up over the last 2 weeks and is really worrying me.

Dats eats seed, harrisons, loads of veges and some fruit everyday so I can't work out whats going on here! I am starting to freak out so any ideas will be appreciated!

Now one of me strangling her :wink:

And one of her being cute 8)

If anyone can give me any info on what this is or what I can do to fix it and get her beautiful RED beak back please help!
-Chamon-

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

First of all...have to say the usual Datsun is cute...and perfect...and we love her to peices.

Second...I know little about beak coloring but Prinny 's beak is kind of whitish on the end...but that's cause she's an albino. Maybe it's natural? Talk to you vet maybe...

Dani and Prinny
Ed Loschi

Your pics are really good...how do you get such good closeup

Post by Ed Loschi »

I'd never try to diagnose anything about a bird so if your concern is getting worse you gotta see a vet.
Now, looking at your pics [Your pics are really good...how do you get such good closeups?] frankly I can't see anything that would make me upset. She looks to be in good feather. Could she be polishing her beak alot and maybe wearing down the red pigment? She looks good to me and she looks fit too.
But really only an avian vet and some research into beak pigmentation and its usefulness to diagnoses can tell you anything for sure.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

BUMP

Isnt this one of her last (last) threads?

Anyone heard anything yet? Been over 12 days, no?
Ringneckmom

Post by Ringneckmom »

Just in case she comes back. The coloring is normal. A lot of ringnecks will get that coloring to some extent on their beaks. I am not sure if it is from rubbing on concrete perches or just rubbing in general, but mine aslo have some of that on theirs and I have seen many others that also get it.
"Losing your hearts desire is tragic.. but gaining it is all you could have ever hoped for." ~ One Tree Hill
~ Clara ~
*mia*

Post by *mia* »

Mikaela wrote:BUMP

Isnt this one of her last (last) threads?

Anyone heard anything yet? Been over 12 days, no?

She was on msn today, or it was day here :wink: But it stood James on it..