New here! :)

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

kristall123

New here! :)

Post by kristall123 »

Hello there! My name is Hjordis and I live in Iceland. I was just wandering around google searching for answers when I came to this site :) Currently I have two ringneck's, a male named Tumi and a female named Ringo and yesterday a little egg showed up! :D I have nooo experience in ringneck breeding so I was hoping that you guy's could help me out a little and "educate" me so I don't do everything wrong and ruin this for them :P And also handfeeding? Is that a good idea? :)
MissK

Re: New here! :)

Post by MissK »

Hi Hjordis, and welcome!

Very exciting, for your birds to make an egg. You will be able to learn from some great, experienced people here, especially if you post in the breeder section. Right now I suggest you start using the search feature to learn about how to care for the baby. I'm not a breeder, and I personally would like to discourage people from breeding their pets. What I have read of the experiences of others, though, leads me to think you should let the parents raise the baby while you also interact with it a lot. That way it gets the benefit of both worlds.
-MissK
Sky blue

Post by Sky blue »

Hi my name is Allan and I live in liverpool uk I've just bought to blue IRN and would like to say hello to all and I've learnt a lot from this forum so many thanks kind regards . Allan
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Hi there,

Here's a thread on the same topic, it might be interesting for you. http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... 26&t=18586