More of Marley ans a couple of my african land snails.

Moderator: Mods

natalie

More of Marley ans a couple of my african land snails.

Post by natalie »

I took these 20 minutes ago, Marley is still out his cage , actualy he's climbing around the outside!
Anyway the first 4 shots are of Marley then there are 2 shots of my snails, its barbara actualy, Tom was buried ,asleep. Barbara was hanging on the lid so she had to be the model.[ Tom has pretier markings on his shell, but we dont mention it in front of barbara] Natalie xxx

http://img515.imageshack.us/slideshow/p ... 8956o.smil
To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart.xx
natalie

Sorry

Post by natalie »

Only me again. I have been trying to upload these pics for ages .This slide show was all that i could get to work!!! And that was by sheer chance :lol:.Ihope they are ok . Nataliexxxxxxxxxxxxx :oops:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

I just love Marley to pieces! Nice powder blue...handsome fella

Dani and Prinny
julie

Post by julie »

hes a good looking boy.thanks for the pics.does he do the dance when he sees or hears himself or others?
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Natalie,
Thanks so much for posting those pictures. Marley is just GORGEOUS!

Now on to those snails!!! How in the world did you get them for pets?? How does one come to own something like that. And what do they do? And what do they eat?? And what do u keep them in? Do they get bigger? I'm fascinated!! Thanks so much for sharing.

Hugs,
Jen
birdman5000

Post by birdman5000 »

cool i didnt know u cud do that slideshow with imageshack i have pics on there i will try it
natalie

Thanks

Post by natalie »

Hey i didnt set out to get a slideshow like that , i jus clicked away with my little mouse and thats wot i got. I tried and failed to post regular pics. But then that is so typical of me !!!! :lol: :lol: But i mean it i probably couldnt do that again if i tried, haha :lol:
Any way regarding the snails they are sold here in some reptile shops ,i got mine from ebay, from a breeder not far from me. They are illegal in the U.S and some other places but not here in G.B. They cost £2 each :shock: very cheap. And i got mine when they where about the size of a marble. They will grow to the size of a baseball approx. The live in a plastic tank, you know the sort u would keep insects in and then as they get bigger i will move them to a medium sized fish tank [something with a lid !] I put about 2 inches of compost in the tank [regular compost from garden centre] they eat cucumber, fruits and other veg, they also need cuttleshell for there shell, they eat quite a bit of it.
As for wot they do...well.... not a lot but thay are interesting. Its so nice to have a pet that doest have moments of madness like others do. You know they just sit and chill. :lol: Oh they are not always sold as pets, some lizards and repltiles like to eat them too :shock: . Anyway thanks for taking an interest in my slimey little mates .
Corrr havent i waffled on, i hope it makes sense, cos if ive written like i speak then it wont!!! :wink: Natalie xxx
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

I love to see blue males.. so I know how kai will look with his ring in .. he is very beautiful :-) Thanks for sharing.. :shock: on the snail things!
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

natalie

He wouldnt do the dance

Post by natalie »

Yes he does do the dance but not when the camera was out. wings out, eyes pinned and litle noises that sound like he is saying 'ooohhh'. I love it. nataliexxxxx :)
julie

Post by julie »

indie does the same dance moves as when he is spinning out at flies.the little head goes everywhere the only difference the flies he doesnt move his feet.the dance he runs up and down.
elaine

Post by elaine »

Natalie, Marley is just gorgeous. He looks like he enjoys investigating, mine is also quite inquisitive.
*mia*

Post by *mia* »

He is beautiful! :D
natalie

Thanks

Post by natalie »

Thanks again for ur kind comments. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxnatalie :D