Shining Armour

Moderator: Mods

Ring0Neck

Shining Armour

Post by Ring0Neck »

Here's a Challange !

Can anyone using the camera only !! take a picture of a ringneck and get a shining layer as i did in the pic below?
I have a suspicion of what that shining layer is.
If you have an idea what the shining layer is, please let us know.
Although i got my son to put a nice background, the birds have not been edited in any way.
Keep in mind that i can not see that layer when i look at the bird with naked eye, somehow my son captured this in the pic.
Some of us have seen the original pic without changed background. bith birds were taken in the same shot.

Recio

Re: Shining Armour

Post by Recio »

Hi Ben,

Iridiscence

Recio
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Thanks Recio,

iridescence - s-thing has to be there to create it, nothing happened to the grey bird.
I have seen 3 violets at a breeder where i could see this sort of shine with naked eye. perhaps not as strong.
I did not have my camera with me but i will take some pics next time i'm over.
Any known mutation would have such shine or similar to be seen with naked eye, other then the Emerald?

PS I will do a video of these birds..pics are too misleading.

Ben
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Ben,

Iridiscence is not the same than fluorescence, so most birds are iridiscent (apparent colour depending on the ligth angle) but not all of them are fluorescent (reflexive wavelength longer than incident wavelength).

Emerald is both iridiscent and fluorescent.

Regards

Recio
willowisp71

Post by willowisp71 »

Hi Ben,

Yes I get this quite often when I take pics of both my blue cock and our new violet hen, using my nikon dslr. I'll post pics when I get home later today. :)
Regards Deb
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Can we see the birds with the original background? I can't get my head around their colours and the light, when behind them looks (to me) un-natural (sorry if that offends- was not meant to). cheers
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

willowisp71 wrote:Hi Ben,

Yes I get this quite often when I take pics of both my blue cock and our new violet hen, using my nikon dslr. I'll post pics when I get home later today. :)
Am looking forward to your pics- I also have a Blue and a Violet (pallid) :)
willowisp71

Post by willowisp71 »

Pics of my Violet hen and Blue cock, showing iridescence?

Pepper - mostly around the backs of her wings and flights, tail feathers and rump, and back of her neck:

Skittles - mostly the backs of his wings and flights, tail feathers, his rump, and around the front of his face;

I'm sure I had better pics somewhere that showed it better, but I can't find the ones I'm looking for at the moment, (kee photographer, so I have hundreds of folders containing hundreds of photo's :shock: )
Regards Deb
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Love the iridescence on your first bird Willowisp :) She looks so much like a Cobalt Blue rather than a Violet in those pics- though I trust you know what she is lol My Violet comes out looking grey in her pics- though with her being Pallid doesn't help.
willowisp71

Post by willowisp71 »

Hi Chocobo,

Yeah I know, in these pics she DOES look more cobalt, but in real life she is a real purple lavender (as in flower - not the mutation) colour. She's pretty stunning though - we're happy :D
Regards Deb
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

both your birds are stunning (:
I find it hard to capture (the Violet colour) as well- my bird is an awesome shade of pale purple - considering the pallid mutation tends to wash it out.