favourite treat

Moderator: Mods

junaidahmed

favourite treat

Post by junaidahmed »

i have indian ring neck female how to find its favourite treats? when i put some thing i his cage he does not eat any thing she onle eats jute i have put many things like corns almonds fruits apples she does not eats any thing some one help to find its treat
ellieelectrons

Re: favourite treat

Post by ellieelectrons »

If your bird hasn't seen these foods before, it may not realise it is food. You could try putting them in the cage and leaving there for a while until she checks them out? You may have to do it several days in a row. You could also put it in with her normal food until she figures out what it is. How long have you had your bird? How old is she? If you haven't had her long, she may still be settling in and may not want to try new foods until she feels more comfortable. When we first got my Charlie home he didn't recognise the foods he loves now as treats.

Ellie.
junaidahmed

Re: favourite treat

Post by junaidahmed »

ellieelectrons wrote:If your bird hasn't seen these foods before, it may not realise it is food. You could try putting them in the cage and leaving there for a while until she checks them out? You may have to do it several days in a row. You could also put it in with her normal food until she figures out what it is. How long have you had your bird? How old is she? If you haven't had her long, she may still be settling in and may not want to try new foods until she feels more comfortable. When we first got my Charlie home he didn't recognise the foods he loves now as treats.

Ellie.
my bird is about 2 years old there are 3.5 months in our house i put many fruits but he doesnt eat any one but taste a little bit she eats only jute nothing else