new pair

Moderator: Mods

kirky

new pair

Post by kirky »

Hi guys. Iv recently put together a male golden olive lace wing and a female sky blue lace wing. But she has a white head that goes to a light blue. Any ideas what young would come out of this. Im unsure of genetic history with these two. Any help would be very grateful. Thank you
Lushen1600

Re: new pair

Post by Lushen1600 »

Hi Kirky, not sure if what you refer to as golden olive is the same as what we call golden cherry or grey green cinnamon here in pietermaritzburg, but if I'm correct then here are the results of this pairs possibilities considering they are not split to other mutations

1.0 grey(sf) pallid cinnamon
x 0.1 blue pallid cinnamon
% from all 1.0
50.0% 1.0 grey(sf) green pallid cinnamon /blue
50.0% 1.0 green pallid cinnamon /blue
% from all 0.1
50.0% 0.1 grey(sf) green pallid cinnamon /blue
50.0% 0.1 green pallid cinnamon /blue

So you will get what you call golden olive lacewings as well as green cinnamon lacewings in both male and female chicks, and all chicks will be split to blue

Thanks
Lushen
2014 Pairs
Green x Green
DGreen x DBlue
DE Blue/ino x DBlue
Grey/ino x Albino
Pallidino x Lutino
DE Blue Turq x Grey
DE Grey Turq x Blue
Greygreen/cinn x DE Blue Cinn
DE DBlue Turq x Blue Turq CHWT
Blue x DBlue Turq
Blue x Blue Pallid
Lutino/blue x Blue
kirky

Re: new pair

Post by kirky »

Hi Lushen
Thank you for your help to shed some light on what would come out of them. Im new to breeding ring necks and would like to give it a go. I was told golden olive. Hes light yellow, white ish tale and white tips on wings. Red and black ring. Tried to upload a picture but no go.
Having said that these two together havent been much interested in each other. Iv got a grey female but might be too young yet but she follows me every where around the house and crys out if she gets left behind in a room. But eventually catches up. Also have a young male green split to blue. Way too young yet.

Iv been offered a violet male that i might put with my female grey for next season or with my blue female.

Once again thank you