Diet

Moderator: Mods

Twix&Chico

Diet

Post by Twix&Chico »

Hi all,

I try to feed my IRNs with everything they needs. I give them fruits, vegetables, sometime cheese for the protein and Every day he has seeds as well. I wonder what seed is the best?
I hears that it is not that great if they eat to much of sunflower seeds.

Any tip about the best?
Kiki22

Re: Diet

Post by Kiki22 »

I only give mine seed every second or third day, and fruit and veg everyday. I find by not keeping the seed always topped up it encourages them to eat all of it instead of their favourite bits, which ofcourse are the sunflower seeds and yes you are right, they are fatty so not good to have too many :)
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

I feed mine a diet of fresh veg and fruit and I also give them pellets. On occasions I also give them millet spray and sometimes I give them sprouting seed. I don't feed them seed now at my vet's recommendation although many people to feed their birds seed. When I used to feed them seed, I gave them a budgie mix (which doesn't have sunflower seeds in it). I save sunflower seeds for treats. Although I know a number of people give their birds cheese, my avian vet did say that they don't recommend feeding dairy to parrots.

Ellie.
Melika

Post by Melika »

Best way to give protein is through cooked egg! :D Easy too- you can even scramble with the shell crushed up in it for extra calcium. Hane likes his hard-boiled. I just serve him a half in the shell (I eat the other half ;) )
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay