My 4 month old REFUSES to drink water

Moderator: Mods

enigma9888

My 4 month old REFUSES to drink water

Post by enigma9888 »

I have (what I think to be) a problem. One of my 4 month old ringnecks REFUSES to drink or go near water. I am still handfeeding her, even though she doesnt take much anymore. I even try "tricking" her by putting water in the dropper instead, but she's no fool- she will lock her mouth shut. She's a bit "snippy" and not as big (or as friendly) as my other 4 month old ringneck (whom she hates). She eats a lot of seed/mix and she does nibble on her fruits and veggies. I "shower" her with a mist-er (even though she's not fond of it).... I'm just not happy that she's not drinking water. What can I do? Any suggestions?
dholari

Re: My 4 month old REFUSES to drink water

Post by dholari »

even i didnt see my birds drinking water for the first few months, but later i kept a small bowl (10ml plastic cup) and he started taking it in , even now its very erratic, sometimes he drinks sometimes it lies there waiting
guess seasons also make a diff, its winter /rainy season in india now so guess they dont feel thirsty
enigma9888

Post by enigma9888 »

thanks for the reply!... does your bird let you shower/bathe her?
dholari

Post by dholari »

yep another prob, first time i bathed forcibly and the poor things shivered like anything and got scared ( i had two but only one is left now) , now i bathe mittu by the misting pump - he loves it and i do that only when its nice and sunny - if its a bit cloudy i cover a towel and wipe off the wetness .. misting is the best way to introduce them to bathing , havent yet tried a full fledged bath after that . ( i give him a bath every 3-4 days)