New Zealand..... not bird related

Moderator: Mods

Datsun and Family

New Zealand..... not bird related

Post by Datsun and Family »

Everyone especially Mikaela always comments on how beautiful NZ is, well here are some pics of places I think really show that off...

This is the view from the top of the mountain I live on. It looks out to Auckland City and our harbour.

And Omaha Beach, about an hour and a half north from my house. I got very sunburnt here :oops:
-Chamon-

Bryan

Post by Bryan »

I have never been on a plain before, and never been out of Australia. I would never go overseas or anywhere because I don't like airplanes, but let me tell you when I am older I WILL definitely go to NZ because I just can't resist. See you their in a few years hope to visit you, and Datsen :D :wink:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

OMGah. (does a Jessican Simpson inpersonation)

I dont get it... you'd think more travel would go on there. That place is a hellava lot nicer than the US.

It is soooo beautiful Chamon, thank you.

Being Native American, I miss the beauty of living on the reservation. Sure da hell dont miss the conditions lol. Horrid, no plumbing, ect.

Tampa is pretty but I would hardly be able to compare it to that. WOW.

Thanks hun.
~ Mikaela Sky

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

WOW! That's all I can muster! WOW!! I hope you don't take that beauty for granted!! Lucky to live there! What's the climate like there? I know nothing of NZ. So forgive the stupid questions. Do you guys have winters, REAL winters? Snow and ice and all that fun stuff? It is just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing. Beautiful pictures!
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Wow! *jealous* It is so pretty! Please do post more! Maybe I'll get some shots of my favorite beach. It is so pretty here.

Dani and Prinny
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

how beautiful, peaceful beauty......thanks
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

um when can I come for a visit? that is beautiful!!!!
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Here in Auckland it can go from 30 deg Celcius in summer and 4 deg C in winter. Overall NZ can get as cold as -10 degrees celcius. So not reeeeaaalllly bad but still pretty damn cold. I dont know how that translates to Farenheight though.

I do not take NZ for granted, I love it here. My kids will grow up here (if I ever stop getting feathered ones long enough to have any) my birds love it here and I have my Mum 30 mins away (just the right distance) my grandparents 15 mins away and my James right next to me. What more could I want?
-Chamon-

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

It translate into COLD lol

Then again, Imma punk. We are all in sweaters if it falls below 70. Literally, you become use to your environment so in a couple of yrs 70 feels like 50. Hard to describe.
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Yeah! when I was in florida last june for a month .. the family i was staying with complained about the pool we were swimming in being too cold. It was like a damn bath .. lol. When they come here in a year I can't wait to see their faces. We get 42's (107 or so) in summer, but the water temp doesn't climb a great deal, we are on the south end of vic right out onto bass strait .. lol .. they are going to freak!

Chamon, what a glorious place you live in, just stunning. I have always loved the sights and sound of NZ that I have seen in the media, never been there but would love to visit.

I will have to drag some pics out of my home, I must say it is just as beautiful, I live between phillip island and wilsons prom, five minutes from the beach and I think its heaven on earth, my edge of the universe.

I will have to come visit you and you come visit me in return... Jetstar have great deals between us ;-)
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

I sure wish we could have some kind of a "convention" or get together for all us board members! How much fun would that be?? Of course we are so spread all over the world it would take quite a bit of planning and quite a bit of money. Of which I sure don't have. But I would LOVE to meet each and every one of you and give you all big hugs for all the help and support and comfort you've all given me! Imagine all the fun we would have. We'd have to bring our birds and just hang. Now realize I'm just dreaming here! But isn't it a fun thing to think about??!! Datsun could teach a class and so could Archimedes! Then they could hook up and make beautiful, intelligent babies and we could all get on the waiting list to buy one. Tee hee. I'm just being silly here. Anyway... I digress. I hope I didn't offend you when I wrote I hoped you didn't take it for granted. I live in po-dunk Ohio and there is NOTHING quite as amazing or beautiful as those pictures you posted. Angie, hop to and get to posting pictures too! I love to see other places. And Mikaela, 70 degrees sure isn't cold by Ohio standards, neither is 50! I would love that. Right now it's a balmy 23 degrees F. Brrrrrrrrrrrr..... Snow covered ground. Ick. Ok, I'm going to shut up now. Love and hugs to you all!