Ideal indoor cage size for 2 IRN?

Moderator: Mods

krissy321

Ideal indoor cage size for 2 IRN?

Post by krissy321 »

Hey :)

I am new to this.

I am just wanting to know what a good size cage would be for 2 IRN's? I currently only have one but am getting another in May.
At the moment my birds cage is 30"wide x 18"deep x 35"high, I don't think this is enough for 2 birds but people have told me it is?
My bird is out of his cage most of the day well the room his cage is in the has free run of allday so is just in it to sleep really and if hes being really naughty cause hes just 4 months old.

But any suggestions would be great :)
I don't mind spending any money to get a bigger one or even build one large enough.

Thanks
Timmy

Re: Ideal indoor cage size for 2 IRN?

Post by Timmy »

All i can say is the bigger the better about a but about a 3x4 foot cage would be the minimum.
ellieelectrons

Re: Ideal indoor cage size for 2 IRN?

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi

I'm trying to do the inch to cm conversion in my head and if I've got it right I'd say it's a little on the small side for two birds... and I agree with Tim. The rule of thumb is get the biggest cage you can afford that fits in your space.

I have a patio aviary (which we keep indoors) for my 2 and it's approx. 1.6 m high x 1 m deep x 1.2 m wide (hopefully I've estimated that right!)

Ellie.