Normal Behaviour

Moderator: Mods

michelle999

Normal Behaviour

Post by michelle999 »

While i try to train Ringo to step up, he flutters and tries to get away, is this normal? I use my one hand to try to guide him to the other where the perch is (he does not like stepping up on my hand and my finger is too small) which does help but he sure looks like he does not want to be there. Yesterday only managed one session as he would not come out of his cage but when he did come out he stepped up a few times and actually stayed on the perch for at least 10 seconds. :D
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Alas what is normal with these birds??? How old is Ringo? Younger birds need time to learn to perch on a human finger. We are not that stable and they are still learning balance. Keep working with him, you are doing great! Keep getting him to perch and tell him he is a good bird.

Dani and Prinny
michelle999

Post by michelle999 »

Ringo is eleven months old, we have had him (dont know what sex) for 3 months now, from a pet store, he was and still is to a certain degree very frightened... :cry: i have made a fair bit of proress with him, he has been accepting treats for around two months but still very afraid of hands, we cannot handle him as he goes mental. I feel for him because he looks sad.....i even go to bed at night and cannot sleep thinking about how to tame him....I live in the UK and IRN are not that common as babies, except aivary birds so when we saw Ringo my husband wanted him, but Ringo will not go near him!!!! needless to say he took to me so i try to train him.