My Baby stepped up...

Moderator: Mods

michelle999

My Baby stepped up...

Post by michelle999 »

I am soo excited, Ringo stepped up four times on my hand this morning, he did not stay there long but i was soo excited like when your baby takes their first step. How long before he stays there??? :D
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Excellent !! well done to you and Ringo .. Keep getting him to step up as much as you can and it won't be long at all, I reckon each time he will stay there a little longer, especially if you have a treat at hand :wink:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

That's great! Now that he knows, he should do it more often and stay there...be consistant!

Dani and Prinny
michelle999

Post by michelle999 »

Ringo had around 3 sessions yesterday where he would step up onto my hand, today he will not come out of his cage and he runs if i get too close with my and in the cage, have i frightened him or is he being stubborn??????????? He will still come to the front of the cage while i talk to him so i dont think i have scared him that much.....
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Leave the little bugger be. Dont want to turn him off the whole deal.

If he is doing it consistantly, hes there.

These babies are MOODY. Watch... he'll want you before long... especially if you ignore him. hehe

I am SO proud of both of you. It honestly is like watching a baby take their first steps.

I was so lucky to have seen my son's. His dad and I were in the floor with him playing 'keep away' with a little ball. Next thing we knew, he pulled up on the coffee table and stumbled to me. It is burned into my brain to enjoy anytime I want. He is now 17.

I thank God with every fiber of my being that I was given that gift... and his daddy was right there too. Very Lucky. Could have happened at creative school.

Ack! Tears lol. Precious memories.
~ Mikaela Sky

IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

Hey there.
Congratulations with the step up. What you need to remember if that these birds have short attentions spans and can grow bored very easily the best thing to do is time each session and see how long it is that he will attentively work at what ever it be that your teaching him. does he let you pet him??? If he does make that his reward (this way you can faze out the touch with vocal reinforcement) on the other hand if you give him a treat he may expect a treat every time he steps up. Keep that in mind all birds are different though just as people differ so do birds.