Updates

Moderator: Mods

Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Updates

Post by Jeremy »

Well Chamon saw me post these pics on another site and told me to get my butt over here, i would've posted them here but it must have slipped my mind somewhow :oops:

I have 7 babies left, in a few hours there will only be 5 so here are some pics.

Fallow Pastel Silver hen, this girl is fiesty but very affectionate. If i tell her to step up, she always bites my arm first to see if it is sturdy enough :roll: I mean, she could be nice and just put one foot on or something but she insists on using her beak. But i guess she has chosen me as her mate, if i sit down on the lounge she climbs up and comes over to me, if i kiss her on the beak she fluffs her head up and makes little noises to me :lol:

Pastel Silver Cock. This guy is also fiesty, he lunges at me when i tell him to step up, but he loves attention and follows me around everywhere, he follwos me to the point where it is just plain annoying :roll:

Getting into mischief

Pastel Blue Cock. This guy is great, he doesn't mind a good pat or scratch and doesn't lunge when he steps up. I can pat him all the time but when these birds are chewing something, it is like they go into a trance. If he is chewing a piece of clothing or wood, i can do anything to him and he won't even try and bite me. Usually when he is chewing something, i give him nice big pats and head scritches :D
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Sooo beautiful. how can you sell them. I ended up keeping all of mine /sigh.
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

YAY!!!!!!!!

hehehe I pulled the nark card! I threatened Mikaela on him!

Jeremy you are a good boy, now we dont have to punish you :wink:

I really want the pastel blue cock and fallow pastel silver hen!!!! Dats said she needs siblings that are her own species.

Sooooo cute Jeremy! Thank you for (FINALLY) sharing! :wink:
-Chamon-

Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

Neo, if i had my choice i would keep one of the Blue Hens but i must sell them all. But she is a gorgeous bird, she loves scritches and doesn't mind a good pat. She also isn't aggressive like the other hens, she loves attention :wink:

Chamon, that threat you made really gave me a good scare, i wouldn't want Mikaela hassling me for pics :lol: j/k
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

lol

I will do an intervention Jeremy.

Already had to send Neo and Chamon to rehab.

It is cuz I love yaw.

In the pic, the grey looks a little pied/pearled? That would be too good to be true.?
~ Mikaela Sky

Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

Yup, sounds too good to be true to me :lol:
The bird in the 4th pic - Pastel Silver, i think that is just his markings?
On the back of the neck you can see little black markings, i think it due to stress. He was a very timid baby and hard to handfeed because he was scared of me. They are only just starting to moult now, they aren't moulting very heavily but some of them are getting a bit better at flying, it won't be too long before their wings grow back.
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Love the babies. How GORGEOUS they are! Lucky you! Good Daddy!
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

So cute! Wow, they sure grow up fast...I had almost forgotten, what with Prinny already an adult :wink:

Dani and Prinny
Mahuska

Post by Mahuska »

Very nice, thanks so much for sharing
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Just adorable Jeremy. You sure do breed perfect birds, I really do admire you.

I know exactly what you mean about the chewing stuff and zoning, Kai has never done that (maybe because I got him at 11months) but Jordan does it all the time. You can watch his/her eyes pinning as she is ripping away at the edge of her rug or a rope or such, if you want him/her to step up you have to brake into his/her little mind and you can actually watch the eyes return to normal as s/he comes back into the real world, very funny to watch.

Another question for you.. Would it be too early to notice that Jordan has some very male movement qualities (16-20 weeks old). I have watched him/her with Brinly our budgie as Jordan dances around it aggressively as if to say, I am the boss. Jordan gets all thin and lean with shoulders out and does these swinging around body and arched head movements, sometimes swinging the hole body back like in some jet lee movie. (just seems like very male types of movements ??)

Funniest thing to watch. And brinly just stands there looking at Jordan like s/he is some kind of nut case.. lol .. then when Jordans head is down, one quick little peck from brinly on Jordans head stops Jordan dead in his/her tracks. I will have to try video it. Budgies might be little birds but they definately have huge personalities. :wink:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

That definatly sounds like male behaviour to me.

like this? http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=60193&cdate=20040922&ctime=000027
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

yeah ! kind of .. but more like this.

we are close by - my kids & I are ready for any really rough behaviour on behalf of the budgie .. lol .. Brinly is a small bird with a huge personality.

I call this video "The Matrix"

http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid ... ime=205947

Cheers !
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Either way definatly male behaviour
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

His dancing is convincing enough for me... I'd do him. :shock:
~ Mikaela Sky

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Hmmm, now these videos have me thinking. Wondering. My babies don't do anything like this. So I wonder if they're both female???? :shock: If so I feel really bad cuz I refer to both as "he". I'm still convinced Byndi is a he. I see that ring coming in. By the way, Neo and Angie, Love the videos! Thanks for sharing.
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

I love to share...

by the way.. thats what freaked me out not long ago. When I visited the breeders there were the breeding female IRN's with grey shadows around their necks just like kai has, so I would personally never go by the shadow now that I have seen it on breeding adult females. Unless of course when you mean you can see the ring coming in you mean jet black flecks , coz thats what the breeders refer to as the ring coming in.
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

carrie

Post by carrie »

Well now I'm a bit confused as Atticus does this all the time - to my watch, a beer bottle, but most of all to my feet. If I am sitting with my legs up she'll walk down my legs and start bobbing my feet - sometimes for up to 10 minutes which leaves my legs totally scratched but I just think it's so amusing I don't like to stop her. So is this purely male behaviour???? Don't tell me that after thinking she was a boy for the first 6 months and then a girl for the next 6 months that she is actually a boy! Poor thing will be totally screwed up.......