Bed Time??

Moderator: Mods

TaraJ

Bed Time??

Post by TaraJ »

Hi everyone....I just got my IRN yesterday..A blue 8 week old hand raised baby....Im just wondering what time does your IRN like to go to bed...Im quite a night owl and not really sure what time i should be putting my baby to bed....I cover him up so as to not disturb him too much while i am still up..Our house is quite small so cage has to be in kitchen where we are walking through quite often..Anyones input would be greatly appreciated... :?
WickedOne

Re: Bed Time??

Post by WickedOne »

Hey there.
I have the same issue with my 8 month old irn. The shop she was living in until I brought her home would close at five, so that was her bedtime. Even though I am a night owl myself, she is still cranky if she is kept up past her bedtime. She is in my room and I have a dim light on in there so she can sleep if she chooses, but I leave her cover off until I go to bed so that she can sleep if she is really tired but she doesn't have to. She's slowly getting used to sleeping a bit longer in the morning and not going to sleep so early at night.
Hope this helps!
TaraJ

Post by TaraJ »

Thanks Wicked....Yeah think its going to be a bit of trial and error here....I cover him/her up at night but still when we walk past the cage he wakes up...Doesnt make noises or move around but sometimes when i take a peek his eyes are open...only second day after bringing him home so have plenty of time to work out whats happening i guess...is settling in really well....is eating everything in sight lol...His name is Tiki but think i should have called him Piggy hahaha...Isnt too keen to be out of cage yet tho...but will step up onto my hand from wherever he is...
evaleen

Post by evaleen »

(ah! u finaly got tiki!! ___or should i say piggy....?) :lol:

the shop where kiboo was closed at 9.
i had put him to sleep at 9 the first 4 days, then the next day 8.45,
then the next day 8.30,
then the nxt day 8.15,
then the nxt day 8.00pm.

and i'm keeping 8pm as his bed time.

p.s, i also have the same problem. our house is REALLY noisy.used to let him sleep in the kitchen b4, but then switched to keeping kiboo's cage locked in our guest room.
that way, he still has a lucky shot in getting a good sleep. (i hope) :?
Eva
TaraJ

Post by TaraJ »

Haha yep Eva finally got Tiki!!.....I am so happy with him/her so far.....Today been a big day for new things....He tried new foods such as grapes and cucumber and also tasted a little bit of cheese....he been very chatty this afternoon too...Was playing some music that had whistling in it and i was whistling along and he started calling out and making all sorts of noises...was so cute hey...i put some more pics up yesterday in the photo section :D
WickedOne

Post by WickedOne »

TaraJ wrote:Thanks Wicked....Yeah think its going to be a bit of trial and error here....I cover him/her up at night but still when we walk past the cage he wakes up...Doesnt make noises or move around but sometimes when i take a peek his eyes are open...only second day after bringing him home so have plenty of time to work out whats happening i guess...is settling in really well....is eating everything in sight lol...His name is Tiki but think i should have called him Piggy hahaha...Isnt too keen to be out of cage yet tho...but will step up onto my hand from wherever he is...
Yeah Tiki will get used to you and your routine eventually. Luna will puff up and snooze a little but wake up if I come into the room, which she doesn't mind unless I try to bother her, which I don't. She has started waking up as early as 4:30 am when I get up to get ready for work, so unfortunately her bedtime will probably still be around 6:30 due to the fact that she is in my room and waking up when I get up.
Best of luck to you, and I hope you enjoy Tiki as much as I'm enjoying my baby (except for her biting)!
TaraJ

Post by TaraJ »

Oh Wicked I'm definately enjoying Tiki so much...He had a big afternoon yesterday sitting outside his cage and chatting to me and playing with toys....Was so funny he thought it would be a fun thing to throw toys from his cage and watch me get up to pick them up...Had his cage in the loungeroom with me...By 7pm he was so tired so put him back in the kitchen and half covered him so he could get some sleep....He was awake on and off until i went to bed....He woke up about 7am this morning.
evaleen

Post by evaleen »

aaaawwwww!!!

i know that game... ""look mama! it jumped all on its own!"""

(those cheeky little feather balls!!!)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

p.s, i'l b sure to check out the pics!
Eva