new untamed irn

Moderator: Mods

alloushi

new untamed irn

Post by alloushi »

hello
here in lebanon theres nothing about tamed birds.
they bring them from africa (from the wild)
Ive got a little male IRN which seems to be a 7 months year old.
is there a possible way to make him tamed ?
they also told me at the shop that this type of birds wont talk. however I saw many videos on youtube for IRN talking and singing .
do I have any hope with my birds ?
Jay2011

Re: new untamed irn

Post by Jay2011 »

Take time with the bird and it can be made tame start off my talking to it in a nice happy tone of voice and sit by the cage talking to it for a little while then when you go near the cage the bird should be a bit more calm with you and slowly put your hand in the cage with a treat millet works good or apple ect... he may not come to your hand 1st,2nd,3rd time but he will after time be patient and keep your hand in there for around 10-15 minutes if he does not come simply remove it nice and calm and do not give it any of the treat you are offering as it has to work for a treat do the steps above everyday until one day he will come to get the food from you give it around 2-3 nibbles of the treat then remove it do this and slowly when he starts to feel more safe around you slowly day by day move your hand closer with the treat after time he should step onto it but keep him in hes cage for a while before removing him as he will fell safe in hes cage and soon he will become tame if he bites you do NOT shout or scream as he will get scared and then wont tame up.

and as for them talking there is chance they can talk as IRN'S do have the skills to talk its just if they want to or not everyday just say a word like "hello" in a happy high clear voice do not say different words as you will confuse him wait until he learns how to say the first word you want him to then move onto the next one so on so on .... they start to talk between 8-10 months old ..

good luck and keep us updated of hes progress
Dare2b

Post by Dare2b »

I can tell you first hand they talk, my 7 month old IRN says 58 words and constructs them into sentances.
Jay2011

Post by Jay2011 »

Dare2b wrote:I can tell you first hand they talk, my 7 month old IRN says 58 words
hes talking young how you manage to do that?
Jay2011

Post by Jay2011 »

Ariahna wrote: (easier for girls I know :) ).
Yea im working with mine and he is 3 months old and yea weird they seem to listen more to women
Dare2b

Post by Dare2b »

Jay2011 wrote:
Dare2b wrote:I can tell you first hand they talk, my 7 month old IRN says 58 words
hes talking young how you manage to do that?

Not really sure! He goes to work with me everyday, in a pet supply store. He is with me 24/7. He also shares a cage with a 6 year old irn who talks. This may have made it easier for him to learn.
Jay2011

Post by Jay2011 »

Not really sure! He goes to work with me everyday, in a pet supply store. He is with me 24/7. He also shares a cage with a 6 year old irn who talks. This may have made it easier for him to learn.[/quote]

Ah i see so may have gave him that extra boost