Moving Interstate

Moderator: Mods

Nettie

Moving Interstate

Post by Nettie »

Hello all :)
We are moving interstate at the end of the year and just wondering if anybody has any info or suggestions on transporting my IRN.
The kids and I will be flying and my hubby will be driving and taking the boat. He has mentioned taking Buddy in the car with him but I am worried about Buddy being confined to the car for a few days, he is never confined at all! Not even in his cage, only when we cover him up of a night for bed.
Has anybody has experience with transporting IRN's interstate? I know domestic airlines will not transport birds, they only take cats and dogs.
Not sure if I would trust a courier company....
any help appreciated, thanx guys and girls :D
Buddy
dog_glenn123

Re: Moving Interstate

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hi there,

There are pet couriers that will take anything in the way of animals. i will google tomorow and try and find them for you.

But trust me put your bird in a cage that would normally house a budgie say 2ft by 2ft stick it on the front seat with food and water do the seat belt
up and he will have the time of his life!! :mrgreen:

I had a gallah that loved travelling.

Birds arent usually too fussy once they are into the trip the 1st half hour they pace back n forth and then settle into a spot where they can see the world.

This time of year is much better then summer so it should all be good.

By the way he is a very nice looking bird! is he tourquoise?

Ta Glenn
Nettie

Post by Nettie »

Thank you so much for that info 8)
As for his colour, we were just told he was a green IRN...this is the first IRN I have owned :oops:
Had him since December 2009, hubby got him for me for Christmas...he was 12 weeks old when we got him and never been handled.
I can pick him up and give him kisses and pet him but only if he is away from his cage....gets a little territorial! lol
He has picked up quite a few words, he say:
What ya doing
Buddy boy
peek-a-boo
get it boy get it (at which point he attacks his toy) :lol:
be a good boy
come on
and he makes kissy noises, plus a few things we can't quite make out yet.
At the moment he loves getting on the floor and playing with a Bunya Nut shell...but will bite toes if you get to close to his nut! Especially the hubby's :twisted:

Anyway, thank you again for that, very much appreciated :)
Buddy
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Thats pritty cool all the words he says.

They can be very picky with who they like!

He is a turquiose IRN just so you know, not that it matters if you dont intend to breed him.

Ta Glenn
Nettie

Post by Nettie »

Ok cool. Thank you :D
Buddy