Why does he do that???

Moderator: Mods

jen5239
Community Greeter

Why does he do that???

Post by jen5239 »

Hey everybody,
Remmi drinks from a water bowl, haven't gotten him to switch to a bottle yet. Well he is now putting most of his food in the water dish which is full of food. Why?? I gave him grapes, bananas, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots today and when I got home from work today it was all floating in his water. Why do they do that??? And can I break him of that?

Thanks,
Jen
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

How many of us feed with a bottle? My babies, like all birds, make a mess of their water dish, thereby needing it changed several times a day.

I have considered this but never put it into action. I would also love some info on the conversion.

Their conversion to pellets took. Yay! Healthier babies!
~ Mikaela Sky

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

I know after re-reading what I wrote it sounded a little confusing. He's putting his food, pellets and veggies and fruit into his water bowl. He dunks his pellet while eating them. It's cute to watch. But he must leave some in there. But today all his goodies were floating in the water bowl. I haven't tried to switch him to the water bottle yet. I was just curious why he's putting his food into the water dish.

Jen
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

dont know why they do this but its pretty common. maybe the water needs more flavour :p
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

If you find a cure, let me know. I've been changing Mazzie's water bowl 3 times a day for years and years now... and she has a bottle too!

I have a lot of dunkers, but the ringnecks all do it. Dunno why.

Interesting though, when Mazzie had to have medication in her water I put gatoraid in there too (just a splash) to give it a better flavor (the meds taste bad) and she wouldnt dip in that water. She did drink it, but not dip in it. I don't know if it was the gatoraid or the meds stopping her.

Athena
selma

Post by selma »

They're making birdie soup. I've been using a bottle since the beginning so thankfully i haven't had that problem.
Xenobia

Post by Xenobia »

They do it because it's fun!

Seriously - fresh water in the morning, fresh water when I'm home for lunch, fresh water when I get home in the afternoon. I'm used to it.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Kai is not a dunker :shock: hope he is ok ..

lol .. no seriously he doesn't dunk, but probably due to the fact that his cage is a friggin mansion and it would take him way too much effort to carry the food across to dunk it. lol
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless