I GOT MY NEW BABY!!!

Moderator: Mods

jen5239
Community Greeter

I GOT MY NEW BABY!!!

Post by jen5239 »

Hello everyone,
Well I did it! I got my new baby and we've named him/her Remmi. Here are a couple photos. Now mind you Remmi was with other babies and the breeder said they've been picking on each other. So if he looks a little raggedy that's why. But I don't care, he/she has the sweetest personality! And BLUE EYES!!! Do they always have blue eyes when they're young?? I fell in LOVE with the eyes. You can't tell in the photos the color of Remmi's eyes, but they are blue. Here's my new baby!

I haven't stopped holding him (that's what I'm going to refer to him as from now on) since we've gotten home and we've been home about 4 hours now!

Here's another photo.

Well here's one to show you that we aren't ignoring Byndi for the new baby. He sat on my shoulder nice as could be today once we got him home. They've had a couple confrontations on the play stand. But... Isn't he just gorgeous!!!

I'm so glad we decided to keep him!

Hugs,
Jen
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Byndi is stunning! Remmi is a cutie too, just give him some time and his feathers will come right.

Yep Datsun has blue eyes too but your babys are just starting to change they will soon look like a human eye with white eyeball blue iris then black pupil. How old is Remmi?
-Chamon-

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

All I can say is *big hugs*

I am SO glad this all came into fruition.

Byndi will learn good behavior from the baby. He will also see what fun being with you can be and want some for himself.

Love ya girl.
~ Mikaela Sky

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Chamon & Mikaela,
Thanks for the kind words. And thanks for saying my Byndi was "stunning." I had to tell him that. He agrees. :D Remmi is just the sweetest little bird! Loves to cuddle. We're going to work with him tomorrow on learning to "step up." He will but he flaps those little wings just like Byndi does. And sometimes he screams. Sounds JUST LIKE Byndi when he screams too. I'm so excited you guys. How AWESOME to actually be able to sit and hold one and scratch it and love on it and not have it taking flesh off of your hands in the process. I REALLY have noticed a change in Byndi since we've been home. I don't know if it's the toenail clipping and the wing trimming. Or if he's seeing Remmi interact with us and it's not that bad or what. But I had them both on the playstand earlier and got a water bottle out and gave them a "bath." Both sat there and just enjoyed it. Then I got the hairdryer out and both let me dry them with it. Byndi was on top of the playstand--on the ladder-and Remmi was on the perch. So when it was done I had to get towels to dry the stand off. And when I reached up to dry the ladder off that Byndi was perched on he DIDN'T move at all. He didn't freak! He just sat there. And he's been coming out of his cage and not breaking his neck to get back in when we walk toward it! My husband actually walked to the cage and stood in front of it and talked to Byndi and he didn't even try to go back in!!! So.... I'm SO GLAD we kept him. I know Darin would've given him a great home, but I would've been heart broken. I cried the night Darin messaged me and told me they WOULD take him. When I told my husband I was just bawling. And he said we were going to keep him. And I'm so glad we did. I love the little you know what. Thanks for all your help and advice. You are great! Boy this is getting long. Oh! By the way. Darin and I have sibling birds. So that's going to be cool. We can compare! Chat with you soon.

Love you guys,
Jen, Byndi & Remmi (& Milo too, even tho' he's not an IRN!) :D
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Congrats Jen .. always great to hear a happy story, looking forward to all the news in the future on how things go. Well Done !

Cheers and Enjoy both your beauties

Andrea (Angie)
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Thanks Angie,
And I've been meaning to tell you that Kai is GORGEOUS!!! What a beauty you have. I loved the series of pictures you posted! And you have BEAUTIFUL hair! :D If I can ever take a decent picture--me, myself-I'll post a picture of me with my babies. The ones I have now are not flattering of me and I don't want to share. So... I won't! Tee hee.

Jen
Melika

Post by Melika »

We're all happy for you and Byndi and Remmi!

it's amazing what birds will learn from one another, and Byndi should calm down. Birds like attention and they'll copy the ones that get it, lol. ^^
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Dani03

Wow

Post by Dani03 »

Remmi is soooo cute! Keep us updated...and more pics! :D Byndi looks so handsome...he really is a beautiful bird. I am glad you decided to give Byndi another chance. I love the new baby, he is so sweet looking. Congrats Jen! :wink:

Hugz from Prinny and I.

Dani and Prinny