Is my IRN about to lay eggs ????? I really need help please

Moderator: Mods

loveindianringnecks

Is my IRN about to lay eggs ????? I really need help please

Post by loveindianringnecks »

Hi all just a question i have seen my pair of irns mating twice last week i have noticed yesterday that my hen is now spending more time in her nest box and also was in their all night will my hen be laying eggs soon ???
they are both lutino but one thing i wanted to know aswel they do not have red or pink eyes what colours would i be expecting from them ???
sarahb

Re: Is my IRN about to lay eggs ????? I really need help ple

Post by sarahb »

Hi from what Ive been told it is about 2 weeks after mating that they lay there eggs which was about right with my pair she laid about two weeks after i caught them mating she has three eggs so far good luck with your bubs. i dont knwo anything about genetics but im sure someone on here will be able to tell you what color the offspring will be :mrgreen:
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi,

Most of my hens sleep in the nest box the night before laying the first egg .... go to check for it. If there is not any egg, look at your female to be sure that she is OK (no egg bounding).

If your birds are both lutinos, probably they are sex linked lutinos (SL-inos) and all the babies will be also lutinos. It could happen (rare) that they were both non sex linked lutinos (NSL-ino). In this case the offspring would always be lutino (NSL-ino). The phenotype of both types of lutino is the same (yellow), and both mutations display red eyes. The only way to make the difference is looking at the way the mutation inherits.

Just is case one of the birds was SL-ino and the other NSL-ino (very, very rare) you could find 2 possibilities:
1: Male SL-ino X female NSL-ino: the female offspring will be lutino (SL-ino) split NSL-ino, male offspring will be green (50% split NSL-ino, and 50% double split SL-ino and NSL-ino)
2: Male NSL-ino X female SL-ino: all the offspring (males and females) will be green (males double split NSL-ino and SL-ino; and females split NSL-ino).

What is called black eye lutino is not a lutino but a dilute (check in psitacula world).

If you look carefully at your birds eyes you will see that they are red, otherwise they are not lutinos. If you take a pic of them the red eyes will become evident.

Regards

Recio
loveindianringnecks

HI thank you sarahb so much yes i checked and my hen has finally layed an egg 1 egg so far ... and another thing can they get egg bound on the second egg or it will be ok i give them a calcium bell and cuttle fish bone .. her breathing has sort of changed like she is breathing faster than normal ... :)
loveindianringnecks

thnk you Recio for that ... i have taken a few pics the other day but i will try to get a close up one and see how it turns out ... i wanted to know how long is their breeding season ? as im planning on handrairing the bubs from 3 weeks :)
loveindianringnecks

Guess what she has finally layed her second egg yesterday she has been sitting on her eggs im just so excited cant wait for my little arrivals .....
sarahb

Post by sarahb »

congrats exciting isn't it my pair had 3 last time i checked but haven't been able to check for the last few days as she has started to incubate so hasn't come out yet im so counting down the days cant wait to see my naked little bubs :mrgreen:
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Great news loveindianringnecks. :D This is a GREAT time of year, isn't it??!!!!! :D
loveindianringnecks

these are my breeding pair Lizzy is now sitting on 3 eggs when i go to check her she sits very tight and hides them away from me lol its so cute well im assuming its 3 eggs ... i hardly see her come out of the box now .. Jack goes in and out when he can other wise he is looking and peeking through the entrance of the box he is funny ... when my hen comes out to eat or stretch my male he starts to fly back and fourth chirping away and singing shooing her back into the nest lol i find it very cute but at the same time i feel sorry for my hen poor thing wants to eat nd drink lol ...

loveindianringnecks

pinkdevil wrote:Great news loveindianringnecks. :D This is a GREAT time of year, isn't it??!!!!! :D
yea i seriously agree its the best year ever for me m so excited cant wait they will be hatching in the nxt 2 wks so fingers crosses evrything goes well ..
loveindianringnecks

I have some sad news every1 my IRN layed 3 eggs about 3 wks ago and the were ment to start hatching on the wkend but unfortunatly 2 turned out to be dud eggs :( and 1 is heavy what does that mean and also its dark inside i took out the 2 dud eggs and left the heavy 1 in the nest so my irn is still sitting on it please some 1 can you help me
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

The darker egg could have a chick inside. I would give it a couple more days and see what happens.
loveindianringnecks

Hi all i have some very sad news ... i went to check on the hen and her last egg ... the egg was damaged like it was smashed inwards so i took the egg out and candled it the little baby died a few days before ... will the hen breed again ??? im so upset i wished their was something i could have done so that this would have not have happend .. :cry: