Kimberly4403

Seeds for different types of birds ok??

Post by Kimberly4403 »

From my research people give thier IRN's different types of seeds such as:

Cockatiel seed mix
Canary seed mix
Budgie seed mix
Conure seed mix

Are thier anyother seed mixes you can use, and can you combine the different seed mixes?

I was wondering this because the cockatiel seed mix tends to have a large quantity of safflower and sunflower were as the budgie mix does not have any of those seeds, therefore mixing those two seed mixes together would mean thier would be less safflower and sunflower and more of the other more beneficail seeds.
lenny_hayes

Re: Seeds for different types of birds ok??

Post by lenny_hayes »

Kimberly4403 wrote:From my research people give thier IRN's different types of seeds such as:

Cockatiel seed mix
Canary seed mix
Budgie seed mix
Conure seed mix

Are thier anyother seed mixes you can use, and can you combine the different seed mixes?

I was wondering this because the cockatiel seed mix tends to have a large quantity of safflower and sunflower were as the budgie mix does not have any of those seeds, therefore mixing those two seed mixes together would mean thier would be less safflower and sunflower and more of the other more beneficail seeds.
I don't really think it matters if you combine, that's what I've found anyway, and I've read that its good to mix and combine. They need all their fruit, seeds & nuts.
My lenny has had canary and then he has tried cockatiel, I would generally go for the one with sunflower seeds and almonds.
I usually buy the brand 'trill' i buy their box 'small parrot food' This is ideal for my ringneck.
look it up of google images. Sunflower seeds are like chocolate to your bird, so don't feed them too much of them.

Hope this helps :P
Emily
My 4 pets I love more than anything:
Pixie my dog, Garfield my cat, Lenny my parrot, Abbey my Kitten.