help taming irn and alexandrine

Moderator: Mods

shabir

help taming irn and alexandrine

Post by shabir »

hi i have a young irn and alexandrine, irn about 6 months and the alex is about 4/5 months. not sure of the sexes at the moment but the breeder thought they might be male. i can get them both to sit on my hand but will fly off after a short time (usually less than a minute an if i try to make them stay by giving them food will fly off with the food) and go to the top of my cabinets which they chew on and gather the food there (mums getting very angry at that), they also go there while siting on the top perch of there cage. they dont allow me to handle them that much, short strokes will get them annoyed, when i 1st got them (got both at about 9 weeks) they would allow me to handle them allot, the alex would let you put him on his back, open his wings, wernt anything he would get angry at.

we try to make as much time as we can for them every day and change there toys in the cage every few days so they dont get bored and know started to hide food in there toys for them to find. how can i get them to sit on my hands or the top perch of the cage without flying and be able to handle them more.

oh and when i got the irn i placed him with my cockateil (know died) they both got in to a fight and the irn is know left with 6 tail feathers and 4 have been snipped by the cockateil. when will the tail be back to the way it should like the alex?
shabir

Re: help taming irn and alexandrine

Post by shabir »

any help would be great as all my other birds were kept in the cage and don't want the same for these 2. want to be able to leave them open for most the day but don't know how to train them not to fly everywhere and chew everything