why why does not make noise

Moderator: Mods

paco24

why why does not make noise

Post by paco24 »

i irn does not make noise or sounds olny once in a while. is that bad however
is ok with us hold him and his does nothing to us. he just does not make sounds. what can i do to see if his ok.ty
love it
michelle999

Post by michelle999 »

My IRN Ringo is one this month, we have had him for 4 months now, he hardly ever makes a peep, except the last week or so if he is out of his cage playing and i pop out of the room, he calls me...but other than that he is also very quiet.
birdman5000

Post by birdman5000 »

lucky !!!!!!!!!!!!!! my male irn loves to sceech and yell for minutes on end ,if his girlfriend isnt giving him attention, if you sit and stare at him to long, or out of sheer bordom. its as loud as my macaws but i love hearing this compared to a conures screech my old ones had a screech that for some reason just itched my spine
paco24

Post by paco24 »

what can i do to teach him how to talk
love it
birdman5000

Post by birdman5000 »

most of my birds learned on their own they just started mimicing me but i sit with them in a quiet room with no distractions ( tv, radio, people , other birds, open windows where neibors or traffic can be seen.)
so you have his attention and with a handful of treats or,
his favorite food that he doesnt get all the time and if you dont know what his favorite is or if he gets it all the time already try something you have not given him before ,
talk to him repeating the same thing over and over again saying little if anything else and give him encouragment/a treat every time he reacts/or makes a sound that seems to be trying to mimic you.
birdman5000

Post by birdman5000 »

but, i have not tried this with an irn so im not saying this will work for sure
paco24

Post by paco24 »

thank you and ill try thank you :D
love it
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Many of our birds are big talkers, many of our birds arent. There doesnt seem to be any reason in particular.

If I may use Mazzie as an example, her mom has had birds for a long time... alot of birds, yet Mazzie chooses not to talk. However, Mazzie is the sweetest thing since sugar. She is simply content interacting with her Ma via body language. And Ma doesnt care because she knew from experience some birds want to talk, some dont. I dont even think she cares her Mazzie is a coo'er vs. a talker.

IRNs are so individual you cant really expect them to talk, you can only hope yours wants to if thats important to you.
~ Mikaela Sky

paco24

Post by paco24 »

Thank you and i love my IRN
love it