Hello from sunny Cairns

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

SunniEddie

Hello from sunny Cairns

Post by SunniEddie »

Hi,

My name is Jess and my partners is Damian. We have a Lutino IRN who is about 4yo named Sunni and a Boxer Kelpie cross named Eddie. Sunni is my partners IRN and Eddie is my boy. We live very happily in our home together and our pets are an extension of ourselves and are very well cared for and quite pampered.

We both work full time and spend our spare time with our babies. We have both had our babies from babies and have strong bonds with them. My boy is a sweetheart (and a bit of a sook I must admit) and he loves my partner to pieces. Sunni idolises my partner and tolerates me (he can get very infatuated with my partner trying to feed him and all). We decided to join to get some help with behaviour problems our IRN has as we expect to have him for many many years to come.

We are hoping that the site will help us to help our IRN as he was the saviour for my partner after a very bad relationship and I don't want him to give him up because of his behaviour. We will give any ideas a go and are both friendly and bubbly people.

Jess and Damo
Jess and Damo

xoxo Our animals are our life xoxo
ellieelectrons

Re: Hello from sunny Cairns

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Jess

Welcome to the forum. I hope people on here can help. I'm from Queensland too!

Having an IRN regurgitate food to you means your bird has bonded to your partner. As birds mature they naturally want to find a mate and since there are no other IRNs around, he has chosen your partner. How long has this behaviour been occurring? Does he exhibit other male bird behaviours to your partner such as doing the heart-shaped wing dance? Are there other problem behaviours he exhibits? Would you consider getting a second IRN at some point (this isn't something to rush into, but it is something to consider)?

Ellie.
ellieelectrons

Re: Hello from sunny Cairns

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Jess

I just realised you started another thread on behaviour problems... so feel free to ignore my last list of questions... and I'll just say "welcome!" :)

Ellie.