Calling all alexandrine owners

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Dj tweet

Calling all alexandrine owners

Post by Dj tweet »

Hi all I have booked my baby ready for when he hatchs etc and should be looking forward to a great little Xmas prezzy

In the mean time while I have to wait I and I'm sure other Alex owners would love to hear any stories of them that you would like to share

Funny / cute / naughty / sad / any and all I'd love to read them

Please add their name/age /sex/how long you have,had them for

O and pics we all love pics

Cheers jesse
kimmy

Re: Calling all alexandrine owners

Post by kimmy »

hey :] i bought a 6 week old alex, he was sooooo gorgeous! me and my partner called him vince but he died 3 days after getting him :[ i was so devastated. there was 3 babies, the other 2 died that morning as well we still don't know what happened to them! my lil man was sooo chirpy though, i'd pull him out to feed him and hold him for an hour then put him back, as soon as i put him back he'd go off he's nut haha was so cute! now i have a IRN called naboo :] im trying to tame him atm though! goodluck with your new baby :] you'll enjoy it, they are beautiful birds.
Attachments
vince!
vince!
julie

Post by julie »

That baby alexs feathers on the head arent right, might have something to do with why they didnt survive.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Poor little fellow. :(
kimmy

Post by kimmy »

yeyuh the bloke i got him from told me the other babies were picking them out! the other ones had no feathers on their head either! aw i miss him. my IRN atm is not tame, he's so feral i cant even put my hand on the cage without him flapping around, do you reckon i'll ever tame him?
kimmy

Post by kimmy »

aw
Attachments
vince!
vince!
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

I believe that all birds can become tamer with time and patience. I put some notes toward the end of this thread that may be helpful:
http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... =2&t=11338

My philosophy is that I try not to push further than they want to go... Rather than approach them, I try to let them come to me. My birds were handraised... so I realise that I have had an easier job of it but I believe that is possible to make all birds tamer.... It's important, though, not to compare with other people's birds... I sometimes get a bit disheartened when I see how the things some people can do with their birds compared to mine... but every bird and every person is different... so you just need to look at what you can do with your bird, not what you can't... and you can keep working to improve.

Good luck!

Ellie.
kimmy

Post by kimmy »

ahhhh thanks. i tried to let him out today but he refused to come out so i closed he's door! he'll get there.... hopefully!