Is he jealous?

Moderator: Mods

Kristen

Is he jealous?

Post by Kristen »

I had to move the breeding pair (The Ringo and Brandy Team) into my room (now my "aviary") because they were too messy and it's too cold for them to go outside. Now Rufus, the spoiled little baby (not really--he's 7) bird brat has been coming off his cage and climbing up onto the top of their cages and perching up there. I'm afraid he'll be hurt. I'm also not sure I want him by them when I put them in their flight cages even though I covered one side of their cages with a thick blanket and put plexiglass on top of the cages. Can I train him not to go on there by spraying and giving him the unceremonious dump whenever I catch him there, or will I have to move his cage out so he won't interrupt them when they're breeding? Brandy has been ignoring him, but Ringo has been snapping.
Donna

Post by Donna »

Kristen you might want to take Rufus out of the room altogether. Ringo feels he is a big threat to his mate and he's not going to get the breeding done if he feels he has to fight off this intruder.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

I'm actually bringing back another tame IRN, Donni (Donna, Donni...not much difference :P hey, you must be an IRN. How'd you get out of the cage?)
My friends were keeping him, but they can't take care of him over Xmas...so maybe I'll just move Ringo and Brandy out because I haven't even put them in their flight cages yet. I think Rufus was only doing it because he was bored. If, when I put them in the flight cage, maybe I could just cover all of it except for one side that they won't be able to see Rufus in...now it's been Brandy snapping and Ringo just going "hey look at that...a walking mirror!"