Smiling?

Moderator: Mods

Patrick

Smiling?

Post by Patrick »

Is it just me anthropomorphising or do birds smile when they are happy? I could swear (and my houseguest agrees) that my IRN appears to have a smile on his beak when he is happy and/or satisfied. Does anyone else see this?
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Mine do. Sometimes it's hard to tell if I'm just imagining it or if it's really there. <G> I also noticed that they have tiny eyelashes.
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

yeah cookie does arent their eyelashes cute. my 6 yr old niece explainded she could tell the difference between male and female animals cause females have eyelashes :lol: if only it were that easy
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Rufus is offended. :p He has eyelashes AND he has a beautiful ring.(Well, it's pink. But he says that tough birds wear pink.) He says to tell your niece that she *might* have it backwards. XDXD
Melika

Post by Melika »

I don't see a smile, but by their body language you can tell they're happy. Slightly fluffed and relaxed. Perhaps a smile is seen because it would be expected with that body language? A smile of contentment? ^_^
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I sometimes think the shape of the beak closed together makes a smile but I know its just the way the beak sits and how much is grinded down from chewing and such, but I do see emotion in the eyes as well as body language. Sometimes when they are happy or in a silly mood they have a little twinkle in the eye. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year