baby scream and food problem...please help...thanks

Moderator: Mods

leo

baby scream and food problem...please help...thanks

Post by leo »

my lut IRN is now abt 8 weeks...
he already start eating alot...

today i come home extra early and found that the bird stomoch is empty...
usually he ll eat pellet...but it seemslike he doesn't wana touch any today...he only interested in millet spay...
but i wan to train the bird to be pallet base eater...

as i go home extra early, i bring him out and play...abt 30 min he look tired...so i put him back to cage...but afthe in, he sream alot( its not like adult screams, its like crying to me)

what should i do?

thanks
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Donna

Post by Donna »

Leo you have to ignore the baby cries. If you don't and you go get him out when he is screaming he will start doing it every time he wants attention.
Leave his pellets in his dish while your away during the day and don't give him the millet. Offer veggies at night when you get home, he will play with them at first but keep offering them he will gradually eat them.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
swanwillow

Post by swanwillow »

is 8 weeks old enough to be completely weaned? How did you wean, with abundance, or just simply cut him off? I know some birds regress back to needing hand feedings for a little bit..

Just curious, as I'm hoping to be coping with this soon.
Donna

Post by Donna »

This is the reason back when he was looking for a baby I and a couple other members told him not to buy an unweaned baby others told him to buy a baby cause it will bond with him faster :twisted: Who did he listen to, they sure aren't coming forward now to reply to his posts. Lots of babies regress when taken from their environment they were use to. Ringneck babies take about 10 to 14 weeks to fully wean it just depends on the baby. I do not believe in force weaning :(

Donna
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
leo

baby

Post by leo »

my baby is only abt 8 weeks, but its interest on hand feeding getting lesser and lesser....is it okay?
it started to try to chew the vegy...
thansk alot dona....
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Donna

Post by Donna »

Just make sure that he's eating during the day and still feed him night time handfeeding.

Donna
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

When we got Amazon he was 7 weeks, the breeder taught us to hand feed him and talked us though weaning him when he is ready, Amazon had millet in his cage with him adn got 2 feeds a day, Amazon weaned himself really by not wanting his hand feeds and wanted his seed so we put more seed in his cage with a few bits of fresh fruit, soon enough he refused both hand feeds.

He is a heallty 1 year old bird, so i dont think we did anything wrong but was in contact with the breeder pretty much the whole time.

Can you talk to the breeder you got him off?
Have you got seed in his cage nad is he eating it?
Sharlene and Amazon
leo

Post by leo »

thanks amazon and donna...

tango has weaned him self in amazon method...only instead of seeds, he eat on pellet...thanks alot for the advise...