A Happy Moment!!

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

A Happy Moment!!

Post by Lauren »

Yoda and Gilbert will sit almost together! They mumble stuff to each other too! Im so proud. And I swear I heard Yoda say 'hello'. WEIRD!

Sorry for the bad photo quality. I was using a phone camera.

Gilbert doing his 'kiss my head thing'. Yoda doesnt quite get it yet. He'll sit there for hours doing this if I dont kiss him.

Strike a pose!

Did ya get that mum? HUH? Im in the pic right?:roll:

Some pics of Yoda. My widdle blue dumpling!
Sorry again for bad quality.
Last edited by Lauren on Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Peanut

Post by Peanut »

aww gilbert is so cute! he's one of my favorites! and yoda sure is beautiful lookin! you got some fine chickies there. don't worry about the quality, thats how i take my pictures too!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Thanx Peanut.

I cant wait for the new cage and playgym so I can get rid of a cage. Today all they wanted to do is sit ontop of Gilberts cage together and run around on the floor. (Yoda has a weird run, he sorta skips and hops! its hilarious) No fights too! Gilbert wont leave Yoda alone now, keeps walking up to him trying to get him to kiss his head. :roll: Yoda just looks at him like 'I aint kissing your head fool!'. Im trying to stop Gilbert from doing that because Yoda can quite easily take a chunk out of his head when he does this.

They pretty much changed overnight. Yesterday hated each other, today.. cant get enough of each other? I hope this continues.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

And you caught it on film! They look so sweet. You must live in a high rise?

I did in Lauderdale when I was in school. Like alot of things about it but didnt like:

Carrying groceries from parking garage to condo

Cant just walk outside, only a balcony which was what made it bareable.

Needed a code to get in the Condos, for the pool, for the trash shoot! grrr.

Upside... it was just me and my boy and unless you can scale 23 stories, the front door is the only place I had to worry with aiming to shoot.

So, I liked it. Made me feel safer than on the ground. Also was very reasonable for a single mom in school... it was one street off from the beach so at 23 stories, you had a great view.

Thinking back, one of my professors, one that 'took me under her wing' so to speak sent me there.

Hindsight 20/20, she probably helped me with the people in the office... might have even paid quiet a bit of my rent for me. This just occurred to me. I was told not to disclose my rent to others. But that might have been because they didnt offer units for rent. Now, Im thinking about it... it was HER apt! Had to have been... these were bought condos, not rentals and brand new.

Is that normal? To be asked not to disclose that you rent or how much? I buy, renting strikes me as such a waste of hard earned money. :(

If she helped me, God bless her for eternity... God knows I needed it. But I pulled it off :!:
~ Mikaela Sky

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Im on the top, 3rd story. :roll: I hate bringing the shopping up the stairs. And moving in here.. that was a pain! We dont have any secuirity here. Just stairs from the carpark underneath. We are looking at moving when the lease is up. I dont like the area and we've had a bad 'experience' in the staircase involving a knife. But that happens anywhere.
Plus side, its quiet here and the beach is across the road! The birds also love watching the flocks of lorrikeets and other birds fly over that sometimes land on the balcony. :wink:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

It looks very nice and homey.

Since when did Aussie's start trying to cut eachother? :lol:

Thats more of an American thing. Not that Im proud of it. Its getting bad here. Really is.
~ Mikaela Sky

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Thanx Mik. It is my 'home' for now. I get travel bugs after 6 months in one place. :roll: Not good for my fids or me. I cant help it. One day Ill settle into a home of my own. :roll:

Not to bag out my country (I love being an aussie) but we are going down hill. But then crime is crime and its global. Too many young people think that 'gangs' are cool. I dont get it here and I dont get it in the US aswell.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Its AUSTRALIA DAY in an hour! Happy Australia Day. :lol:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

*shoots off fireworks*
~ Mikaela Sky

~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

what great pics! you can reall see their personalities :D
~the stubborn one~
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

Nice pics. Hope the happy duo continue to get along.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat