New to the forums with a 10 day old baby IR

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

pards007

New to the forums with a 10 day old baby IR

Post by pards007 »

Hi all,

I found a breeder that I not only purchased my Indian Ring neck from but became friends with as well (they are local for us). She has been doing this for over 15 years and recently was unable to do hand feeding this time around. I can't say enough great things about them, wonderful people, wonderful aviary, vast amounts of knowledge and really the most trustworthy people you'll find. She schooled me and my 13 year old daughter on hand feeding the bird and lent us the brooder and heating pad for the tank. We are feeding through a glass eyedropper (rite-aid) as lesson 22 clearly stated :lol: which has been working out great! We are at the seven day mark (17 days old) of caring for "Storm". Our breeder and mentor tells us it could either be a blue, violet, or deep violet. She said there is much more of a chance for the violet and the deep violet. Not going to lie, the first few days were unnerving but now we have a nice rhythm going. Any bets on color? :roll:

I'm guessing there is a waiting period for links or embedding pics I have 10 days old (everything in-between) and most recent 17 days old pics. Hope to post pics shortly when I have permission (of course I could be doing something wrong here in trying to post)
Last edited by pards007 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
AJPeter

Re: New to the forums with a 10 day old baby IR

Post by AJPeter »

Hi

If you search the forum you will find dertails of how many posts you must make before you can post pics
pards007

Post by pards007 »

Thanks, I think it is 10 so this reply counts as one more! :P
pards007

Post by pards007 »

19 days old and counting!!!!! Afew more posts until I can post pics and a few days.