Do IRN get sad after clipping its wing?

Moderator: Mods

bduck02

Do IRN get sad after clipping its wing?

Post by bduck02 »

Hi,

My Pet Birdie Zee Zee has been getting used to me and starting to practice his talking. It has allowed me to handle it and even likes to sit on my shoulder..

When i purchased it it had 1 clipped wing, it sine grew back and started to fly around a bit so today i made the move and clipped it back again.. but since doing it Zee Zee has been very upset and has just been sitting in his cage and wont let me touch him.. Do they get upset when you clip there wings.. is it annoyed with me?

Also.. its only a few months old.. and it has a light green ring around its neck, does this mean its a girl or does the black ring not get black until later on?

Thanks! :roll:
selma

Post by selma »

ooh they do soooo get upset. The first time we had bibou's wings clipped she wouldn't speak to us for a whole week. Just turned her back everytime we came near her. Don't worry. It will soon be over.
Our Irn is about 7 or 8 months old. She also has a pale ring around her neck. Apparently the females have this. A male would only get his ring by 18months. I'm sure the other members will have more info about the ring for you.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Sad is one word but tramatic would be a better one.

I am VERY pro-clip though so we have to do what we have to do and hey, it is only twice a yr so bo biggie.

Get that baby to a clipper, hand him over and WALK AWAY SO THE BIRD DOESNT ASSOCIATE THE ACT WITH YOU.

Then, right before the clipperman gets done you take your baby and uncover her. She will think you saved her :!: Rather than thinking you did that to her.

She will pout and act odd for about a week then you will have a happy, safe birdie.

Word of Wisdom: Get the nails clipped too while you are at it, much easier to do it all in one pop and be done. They get SHARP.
~ Mikaela Sky