help

Moderator: Mods

ScarletKnight

help

Post by ScarletKnight »

okey after a long time highatis im back. i been goign bird shows and car shows. talkign to alot of breeders. met alot of interesting people and birds. and ringnecks anyhow. i can't train my person ringneck he is way to scared for me to work anything with him any help would be appricaiated
ken
***Disclaimer*** the statement above is opinion expressed soley for the purpose of providing educational and guidance to its reader. It does not by any implied meaning offend disrespect anymore. Your understanding is appreciated***
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Do you have a small play gym like this one?

Here they are fighting over whom will rule the roost today.

As usual, looks like Baby is the winner.

This is what I use to work with birdies that are afraid of me. This allows them to be 'away' from me, while perched, without fleeing. And allows me to be close enough to play hands-on with them.

25 bux at any pet store. My girls are all big now but they still love that baby play gym and fight over it. It is sort of like the throne, whomever is up there reigns supreme at the moment :lol:

Then just have a few plastic toys like this and some spray millet and you'll earn is trust in no time. :wink:

And you know yourself, I had the MEANEST cotton-pickin' baby ever hatched.
~ Mikaela Sky

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

I'm beginning to feel the same way as ScarletKnight! I don't think Byndi is EVER going to tame his little birdy butt down and let me freakin' hold him or do anything with him. I'm very frustrated AGAIN! I can't even really bond with this bird. And it's really frustrating me and depressing me. I wish I had just waited and gotten a baby! THERE I SAID IT! I'm ready to give up!!!!!!!! SAID THAT TOO.

Jen :evil:
ScarletKnight

jen and mikela

Post by ScarletKnight »

first to jen irn are oen of the toughest if not the toughest birds to tame , but ask mikela or dutsun or ne1 else in here well worth it. its liek gettigna pitbull in a ants body. i rank them among the smartest birds up there with grays and yes i mean african greys.
so don't give up if u cna hold ure bird for moe then 5 sec i cna defaneltly help u. mY problems is kinda of a diffrent i can't even get clsoe to work my magic sort of speak.

mikela that gym is not an option at the moement what i want to accomplish is before i can take him out ona gym or anything this bugger freaks if make move stays away from me and you know what im talking about so the gym is out of the question because takign him in and out is what i need to work on first. i need to gain trust he is clipped but still flies away i didn't go the "progressive cut wing clip. he still screams when he is on the floor and run away
***Disclaimer*** the statement above is opinion expressed soley for the purpose of providing educational and guidance to its reader. It does not by any implied meaning offend disrespect anymore. Your understanding is appreciated***
julie

Post by julie »

when i first got my irn indie she at the time was not tame and about 6 mths old we put the cage near the computer desk so everytime the computer was used she would see us and eventually got used to us now my 3 yr old daughter can play with her as well.i have noticed with him(new ring on neck) when i put my hand in to pick up if i put hand with watch in he is occupied with watch and doesnt bite.now if he is out you cant get away.