Handling Zee Zee

Moderator: Mods

bduck02

Handling Zee Zee

Post by bduck02 »

Hello,

I'm the proud owner of Zee Zee, who to my understanding is around 3 months old according to the pet shop. It was hand raised and I have had it for around 24 hours.

I was advised that we should handle it a couple hours a day.. as its just new its still a loittle frightened of us. i was just wondering how long until it becomes comfortable with us and when should we handle it.. and is there a good method?
Rick_in_PDX

Post by Rick_in_PDX »

I probly have no right to speak up here but I will anyway,, handle that bird as much and as often as you can, talk it it as much as you possibly can, you cannot spend too much time with it, the more time you spend with it the better off you and the bird is going to be. interaction is the key, and I kinda think that everyone who is going to be in contact with the bird has to interact with it on some level, if your bird turns out like most all ours are it will "bond" with one person in the home but that doesnt meen the others cannot enjoy it, it only meens that the bird will have a preference who it likes better, and it will still want to interact with who is avail or who is willing to pay attention to it. I am new to the IRN but I have delt with Quakers (pretty stubborn and independant birds BTW) and letting the bird know who is who will make for a much happier home, as well as a safer home.
I know this probly didnt type as well as it sounded in my head but good luck to you and congrats with your new "Fid"
3 Quakers ~Wilson~Maddie~Lilly
4'Tiels~Walter~Wanda~Prettybird~Christmass
1 Ringneck ~Rosie