buying a feathered friend for my IRN

Moderator: Mods

Layla

buying a feathered friend for my IRN

Post by Layla »

Hay,I'm a new member of this forum. I'm from Zagreb,Croatia,Europe.I have a 2 year old IRN Ringo,and I think he's a boy...I'm thinking of buying him company and I need help with next decision-should I get a boy or a girl? I'm not interested in breeding,I just want my fid to have company of his own kind when I'm in college so he has company until I get home...thnks
eggy

Post by eggy »

boy, and they might fight for dominance and your attention, or get along.
girl, they might breed and then you end up with babys, which can be hard to take care of.
The 3rd option is get a different species of bird to acompany Ringo, like a lovebird, and less problems would come up.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?
Layla

Post by Layla »

I've considered that but lovebirds for eg crave companionship of their own kind like many other types of parrots. And I've seen amazons and IRN in the same room and they have been fighting all the time...Different types of parrots isn't,in my opinion, like people from different parts of world...it's not just in difference in "language"...it goes further than that...personally, I don't care if I get a boy or a girl cos I'd love them all the same, I just want what would be best for them. I know about a woman who has 20 pairs of cockatiels and never had babies cos her birds don't have nesting boxes,they have planty of toys,things to chew on, aren't allowed in dark corners in which she could lay eggs...so even that can be, with proper care, avoided...