urgent! Please help

Moderator: Mods

lutino

urgent! Please help

Post by lutino »

Hi everyone

I moved into a new flat a couple of days ago, they knew i had a bird and were fine with it. Today i got a text message from one of the flatmates sounding angry about how loud my bird is. He said he'd have to talk to the others about it! I don't know what to do, i can't lose her and i cant move out.
I am a university student, and i think the problem is when ever i leave the room she starts screaming for me. She is strongly bonded with me as she was hand raised. How can i stop the screaming when i leave the room?
Im desperate :cry:
leo

Post by leo »

excactly the same problem i have early this year

well, i talk to the closest neighbour, and explain my situatiom
i told them the bird is very bonded to me and explain why she scream...

i also told them i will try to relocate the bird and try to teach her to be a little quiet...

just dont confront them, just be friendly and seek for their understanding...

if the neighbour is not an ***, i think she will understand...but i was also playing my part in trying to relocate the bird and train them to be quiet...
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
lutino

Post by lutino »

OK thanks leo,

But i don't know how to train jasper to be quiet.
I take things to heart really badly too. Ive been thinking about it all day, and i don't want to run into my flatmate, even though i know i have to.
I guess i want it to work out at this flat, as i left my last flat cos i was being bullied and left out
leo

Post by leo »

opps,sorry, it was your flat mates,i did not read it carefully
well,i have a niose problem with my landlord and my neighbour too...
but my land lord(also staying in same flat) lock tango in the toilet...i could not do anything...but please dont do it, it make the bird scream even more...
tango was also a screamer even until i move to a new apartment, but he become quiet when his flight feather grow back and he is flighted

i know it is a very difficult situations, i also though about it the whole day and took it heavily. i think it is just a fear that we have to give away our fid...

anyway, what i have learnt, from other friend was:
teach the bird more trick, play with him his fevourite toy...
when you come out of the room, give the toy to him, he will play instead of making noise

anotehr sugestion, give him something to play. i mean like, a sunflower seed that is wrap in many layers of paper. wrap it in front of him, and he will busy trying to tear and find the seeds.

when he is in a room with you, and he scream, say stop it or something else and off the light, he will be quiet, after a few sec, on the light...he will soon learn that when u say stop it, ,meaning u want him to stop what ever he do. i use this method to stop tango from chewing my laptop cables.

the rest of the method, i never tried...it is just what other people do and try here...good luck lut
i have never tried these method
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............