Ani is bobbing his head..

Moderator: Mods

SkyBaby

Ani is bobbing his head..

Post by SkyBaby »

He can't be dancing.. We have one of those DVR things were you can pause live tv and it is paused. The only noise is me typing and my husband chatting on the phone. He goes side to side a little bit, too. It almost looks like that regurgitation head bob. Nothing is coming up though. He's not sitting on me. He's on the play gym next to Skye and Skye's asleep. He's got his eyes closed right now, but his head isn't on his back. I he's sitting on both feet right now too. Could he be sick? He's quite active when he's awake. He does seem to sleep a bit more than Skye does. Is this stuff normal for a baby ringie? I did hand feed 3 baby green cheeks, but never weaned them. They weren't mine. I was just helping out the owner of a pet store in town. They slept a lot, especially after they ate. Is this stuff normal baby behavior??

Thanks folks..
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Really! My bird just started doing that, wen Achilles does it, he/she makes no noise but sorta thrash's his body and head side to side then up and down. I was gonna post this too! I think its a male.c Well, your DNA will say if its a male!
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

U.S Marine wrote:Really! My bird just started doing that, wen Achilles does it, he/she makes no noise but sorta thrash's his body and head side to side then up and down. I was gonna post this too! I think its a male.c Well, your DNA will say if its a male!
I doubt that's any kind of dance like that. Keep in mind this baby is only 3 months old. I wonder if that's more just him begging for food. Skye does that a bit too, but when he dances he opens his wings as well and his tail sometimes. Skye didn't show any sort of dance behavior until he was about 10 months old. I'll know what gender this baby is in about 5 days. I'm like ticking down the seconds. :D
bec

Post by bec »

skeet used to do that all the time at that age from what i was told baby birds who are no longer with the rest of their clutch (skeet was the only survivour :cry: ) the equate food with love & attention so its either he wants you to feed him or show him you love him (possibly by giving him food) some times the revert alittle to baby & want to be spoon fed again at this age the eggy mix is good for this also i was told if yyour older bird likes being spoon fed too let him join in as it can speed up the birds getting used to each other it worked with skeet & riku (altho skeets still not sure about why birds want to hang round a "person" like her as all her clutch had died before she was 3 weeks old & she was hand reared she dosnt realise she is a bird
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

I just gave Ani a couple syringes full (it's the size of a diabetic syringe) of hand feeding stuff. Now he's fast asleep. That was him begging for food. I also cuddled him afterwards now he seems a lot happier. :D Thanks everyone.
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Oh, Achilles is around 10 months old. :D
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

U.S Marine wrote:Oh, Achilles is around 10 months old. :D
Hehe thought so. What color is Achilles?
julie

Post by julie »

spike is 2 soon and she does the head bobbing when she sees me. I'm the only one she does it to.
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

SkyBaby wrote:
U.S Marine wrote:Oh, Achilles is around 10 months old. :D
Hehe thought so. What color is Achilles?
Lime Green. Light green sorta.